Darkness

Ahsoka was lying on a hover stretcher which medics were quickly moving. They had a few people working on her while they moved her to a room to be fully examined and treated. They put a breathing contraption on her face and a medic would pump air into her mouth. They're were medics discussing her vitals, ".... blunt force trauma, heart rate...."

Rex was not very far behind, he made it to the waiting room just as they put her in a private room. He went up to the desk and asked for her, and they said she was in the ICU and to take a seat and wait for the medic to come out.

Kix took out a small, cylinder shaped flashlight and shone it into Ahsoka's right eye. Her pupil didn't respond to the light at all, so he checked the other eye, but it was the same.

It felt like forever, but soon, Obi-Wan and Anakin came into the room Rex was in. Rex stood up from the chair he was sitting in a shook his head, "I haven't heard anything,"

"Nothing?" Asked Anakin.

"We have to wait for Kix to come and talk to us- actually, speaking of..."

Kix came around a corner and nodded at them.

"Ah, Kix" Obi-Wan said, "How is she doing? Is she okay?"

He walked over to them and set down his data pad, "Well, Commander Tano has suffered a blow her head, which, overall, is good considering she was caught in an explosion. Her coat mostly insulated her from it, so she doesn't have any burns. However, she still hasn't regained consciousness, which is quite normal for a head injury of this kind," He explained.

"When do you think she'll regain consciousness?" Anakin asked.

"Well that's a bit unpredictable. Her vital signs are strong, and as far as motor response goes she can move her ams and legs, so there's no damage there," he inhaled slowly, "but her eye response is slow. You should take a seat for this," he motioned to the chairs. Once they all sat down, he continued, "Well, the blow was near the occipital lobe of the brain, which contains the vision center. At the moment, she is not responding to light,"

"What does that mean?" Obi-Wan asked, not wanting his guess to be correct.

He exhaled, "As you know, I'm not the kind of person who sugar coats things, so you need to know that there's a possibility of post-traumatic cortical blindness," Rex felt sick at those words. "Now, this could be a temporary state, but you must all understand that if her sight doesn't return back to normal in a few days-," Rex stood up and combed through his hair, trying to calm himself down, "-that there is an increased chance there will be lasting damage. We will continue to monitor Ahsoka, but we won't know much more for a long while. So my advice is to go to the cruiser and get some sleep, I know it's hard, you'll be called when she regains consciousness or if there's any sudden changes,"

They all either nodded or thanked him as he stood up and walked away. Rex breathed heavily, "Well, I'm not leaving. I've gotta go see her,"

Anakin nodded, "Go ahead. Just, make sure to comm us if there's any news,"

"I will,"

With that, he quickly got Ahsoka's room number and headed down there. He opened up the door and inhaled sharply when he saw the machines she was hooked up to. He sighed and walked over to the bed. He sat down in a chair that was near it. He knew she needed to wake up, so Rex put Ahsoka's hand in his. He was trying not to let his emotions take over, he needed a distraction of some sort. He rubbed her thumb, "Ahsoka? 'Soka, come on, you gotta wake up....You're gonna be okay," he said that more to himself though. There was no answer, only the sound of the monitors beeping steadily. "Cyare? Come on you gotta wake up, okay? I know you can do it," his breathing became unsteady, "Come on,"