Battle of Coruscant

The cruisers dropped out of hyperspace and many Separatist and Republic ships were already in a battle. Many of the Republic's V-19 Torrent star fighters were fighting vulture and buzz droids in a space fight outside of Coruscant

Ahsoka was in the main hanger of a cruiser in her starfighter with R7-A7 in the droid slot. The hatch closed down over her and she waved at Anakin who got into his fighter. He waved back and mouthed good luck to her. She nodded and clicked on the comlink to Blue Squadron. "All right, men. Is everyone ready?" She asked.

"This is Axe. I'm ready when you are, Skipper."

"This is Slammer. Ready on three, over."

"Ready on four, this is Kickback checkin' in, over."

"Swoop to Blue Leader. Group Two is standing by, over."

"Tucker on five. Ready for action, over."

"Okay, everybody's in. Let's get going, Blue Squadron," Ahsoka said.

The fighters' engines whirred as the ships lifted off the floor and flew through the blue magnetic shield and into the space battle.

Rex and the 501st, along with Cody and the 212th, loaded up into the gunships and flew through the seething mass of warships and intertwining lasers. It was like going through a life or death obstacle course, but much worse and you could only rely on two clone pilots to get through. The LAAT/i that Rex was in was halfway to the Coruscant landing point when it lurched after a laser grazed a wing. He kept a tight grip on the handle above him as the familiar feeling of rushing adrenaline flooded him.

Rex's gut twisted as they entered the upper atmosphere and the gunship felt like it jumped. Tup, who was next to him, had death grip on the handle with both hands. Rex nudged him. "You doin' okay, Tup?" He asked.

"I-I'm fine, Captain," Tup said, but his voice seemed strained.

"Hey, you'll be okay. Stick with what you've learned over the past and you'll be fine." The poor kid was always nervous before battles, this was no exception. With almost all of the Sep forces coming in, it wouldn't be a surprise if it was the last battle, and caused buried nervous to surface. Rex breathed in deep and opened up the helmet comm system to talk with those in the ship with him. "Is everyone ready and doing okay?" He asked, wanting to make sure no one else needed a talk. There was a mix of yes and yes sir. "Good," Rex said, "because this is it. Make your brothers proud and fight for what you're worth."

The gunship soon touched down and the side doors opened up. Rex hopped out and scattered all on the ground were droid parts, dead clone bodies, and the occasional citizen who didn't make it to a shelter in time. The area they were in were was clear, but blaster fire could be heard all around. Other ships touched down and clones spilled out left and right.

Back in the space battle, large Separatist and Republic ships fired at each other. Some ships blew apart while others simply rocked with the impact. In her starfighter, Ahsoka and Blue Squadron were in the midst of clearing out the vulture droids so other ships could attack the large Sep frigates. Ahsoka hated vulture droids with a burning passion. There was always so many and they were powerful, too. Nobody like them, expect the Separatists. She noticed the clones behind her started to break apart. "Stay in formation, boys," she said into the comm.

"I've got two on my tail!" came Axe's voice. "Argh, I can't shake them!"

Tucker chimed in, "Sorry, can't help you, Axe. I've got my own problems here."

"Stay where you are," Ahsoka said, "I'll loop behind you and get them. R7, stop the engines."

The thrusters in the back of her fighter turned off and the whole thing spun as the clones flew passed her. Once she saw she was behind all of them, she fired the engines back up and they roared as she sped up and shot at the vulture droids tailing her men.