Preparations

It was a few days later, and Ahsoka was ready to contact Anakin to see if he needed help, but he came flying in on a ship to talk to her instead. He had said that General Grievous was spotted on Utapau and that Obi-Wan and the 212th were headed there, seeing that it was more important than the mission they were already on.

Ahsoka sighed, "If we're for sure Grievous is on Utapau, why not round up everybody—instead of being spread thin across the galaxy—and have them go to Obi-Wan for backup or support?"

Anakin shrugged, "I suppose it is of importance, so I might be able to put in an order for that to happen."

"And with the Chancellor dead, Dooku dead, all we have left is Grievous. Then of course tying up the loose ends and all that. But once we get him, we'll get significantly closer to ending the war."

He nodded, "Yeah. We'll let the senate and them do all their senator-y things while we go help Obi-Wan. And that's a good idea, Snips, y'know, having everyone meet up to overwhelm Grievous. He'll never see it coming."

"Mm-hmm, that's why I brought it up," she smirked.

"Okay, so if that's what we're doing, I'll take it to the Council and see what they decid. Go round up Rex and Jammara too if she wants to come. She could always be useful, especially if she brings her friends."

"Agreed, I'll get right on it."

And with that, Anakin left to go on a holocall with the Jedi Council while Ahsoka left to go get Rex. Her heart was starting to beat a bit faster at the thought of the end of the war. What would happened to her? What would happen to Rex and them as a couple? She hoped that her questions would answered all in good time and be the answers she wanted. She'd have a lot to discuss with Rex about their future, but she needed to focus on the here and now rather than what would happen after the war.

In the training area, Rex was doing chin ups on a metal bar. Ahsoka walked over and looked up him. He looked down at her, not stopping. "What did Skywalker want?" He asked.

"Could you stop for moment?"

He let go of the bar and plopped down with a small grunt. He brushed his hands together, "Okay..."

"Okay. So. Long story short, Obi-Wan and the two-twelfth are headed to Utapau to get General Grievous. Anakin is talking to the Council now to ask them if we could rile up as many Jedi and clones as we can in order to stop Grievous. I'm going to go tell Jammara all this as well... if I can find her...."

Rex started to take off his black fingerless gloves, "All right. When are we going to assist them?"

"As soon as possible. Once everyone gets back and we do a head count we should probably get on our way."

"Okay, I will get ready for that and get Fives while you go get Jammara. That good?"

"Yep."

Ahsoka then left to go find Jammara while Rex went to go tell Fives about the recent news. It was quite a while later by the time the 501st came back up from Carlac. Anakin had said the Jedi Council agreed to Ahsoka's idea and that some Jedi and their clones were on their way to Utapau already.

Everybody who was needed was onboard the cruiser and they prepared for light speed. With some clones in the infirmary, mess hall, barracks, and refreshers, the place was a lot more noisy than it was earlier. Rex was helping some injured brothers while Ahsoka made preparations with Anakin and the other Jedi. At the moment, Plo Koon and the Wolfpack were on their way—as well as Aayla Secure some of the 327th Star Corps—to Utapau.

The air was filled with tension and Ahsoka could sense everyone's nerves. Grievous had slaughtered so many of their brothers, she figured they wanted some revenge. She did too, for he killed so many Jedi, but she had to keep that down and not let it surface. It was like keeping a buoy below water, as difficult as it was, it was still possible.

Ahsoka searched for Rex through the Force. He was calm and that radiated off of him and into her. If she ever needed reassurance, she could always count on him for such serenity and end up feeling better because of that. She just worried how much of that tranquility would last after or during the upcoming battle. Hopefully everything would go well. But, then again, not all things go according to plan.

———

Short chapter, but I felt like I hadn't updated in forever so here ya go. Anyway, updates may be a tad slower than normal for the next few days, so I apologize in advance.