The Separatist Senator

"Wait, wait, wait. Lux is here?" Ahsoka said into Rex's com.

"Yes. In fact, you two need to come down to the hanger. Like right now," Anakin said.

Rex sighed and looked to his wife, "I can't believe this," he turned back to his com, "We'll be down there soon,"

"Okay. Just please be quick, this is very awkward,"

Rex hung up and combed his fingers through his hair. This was not going to be good at all. He looked at Ahsoka who had a frown across her face and she was fumbling with her thumbs. She must've been nervous or maybe scared that Lux was here, Rex figured. He just felt angry as hell and did not want to go down and meet up with that senator again.

He grabbed his shirt from off the floor and put it on. Ahsoka went and grabbed a shoulder pad and helped him attach the rest of his armor, not that he needed help, but she just wanted to do something to keep her mind off of the time on Carlac with Lux.

Rex quickly had all his armor back on and Ahsoka straightened out her clothes. She looked at her husband who was trying to mask his feelings, but she'd known him to long and could easily see past his cover. She walked up to him and grabbed his hand. She lightly kissed his lips, "Sorry about this,"

Rex shook his head, "It's not you fault. Let's just get this over with,"

Ahsoka nodded and he grabbed his helmet and clipped it to his belt. They walked out of her room together and headed down to the hangar. 

They got there fairly swiftly and Rex's heart nearly stopped when he saw Lux. He had never felt such an urge to knock someone's lights out. He heavily refrained from doing anything stupid, even though he wanted to. Ahsoka just kept her eyes either on the floor or at Anakin, not wanting to see Lux's expression.

They both got to Anakin and the senator and Lux spoke up, "Ahsoka, it's... good to see you again,"

Ahsoka nearly smiled at his terrible hair. It would look better even if he shaved it all off, "Yeah, you-you too,"

Rex clenched a fist behind his back and Anakin walked over to him, "Relax, she can handle herself," he whispered in his captain's ear.

But that didn't stop Rex, he still had a fist behind his back. Lux turned to him, "Captain... Rex is it? It's good to see you too," he said, almost mockingly.

He kept a straight face, but underneath, he was not at all happy. He just nodded and looked to Anakin with slightly pleading eyes. Anakin took the hint, "Let's go talk somewhere else. You said you needed to discuss something with us,"

"Yes, I do. Do you have a private room?"

"Yeah, follow me,"

Anakin led them to a briefing room and he closed the door behind them once everyone was in the room. Lux walked over to the holotable and stood next to Ahsoka, which made Rex's blood boil.

"I would like to discuss this war. I know we're on opposite sides, that's partly why I'm here, I'm trying to bring the Separatists to the Republic side, but I'd like to talk about the clones as well," Lux explained and Rex eyed him suspiciously about the mention to his brothers, "But before we do all this, I would like to invite you to a party I'm hosting on Onderan. It's a formal party, like a ball," he turned to Ahsoka, "What do you say?"

Ahsoka looked at Anakin, then Rex. Rex was trying to steady his breathing and, at this moment, he couldn't bare to look Lux in the eyes, otherwise he'd probably snap at the way he was looked at his wife.

Lux looked at Anakin, "I just figured that with everything going on we all could use a break. It's a neutral party of course, and some senator friends and others will be there. I'm sure Senator Amidala and few others on your senate will be there as well," Anakin perked up at the mention of Padmé, "So will you guys come?"