In the Bacta

Cody rubbed his fingers together and they felt tacky. Or was it slimy? Both? Either way it wasn't wasn't a very pleasant feeling and he felt as if he was being swallowed alive. His hearing was muffled and heard the sound of gurgling every time he would breathe out. Speaking of breathing, there was an uncomfortable... something, around his face to support him every time he drew in a breath. His knuckles knocked against the glass and made an amplified sound which made him jump.

Cody slightly opened his eyes and they stung for what felt like very long seconds and his vision was blurred, from tears or the gelatinous liquid he couldn't tell. Once his eyesight cleared, he looked down at himself and saw the diaper contraption he was wearing and everything was a clear green color. Putting two and two together, he figured he was in a bacta tank. But why? He couldn't remember why. Flashes of memories filled his mind, images of a battlefield, Rex, and-HISSSSS.

Cody was jerked out of his thoughts and he whipped his head upward. The air tight seal on the hatch-like lid broke and it opened with a blinding white light shining through as a a result. He was pulled out of the sticky bacta and everything blurred around him. Why was everything moving so fast? Cody felt arms supporting him, his legs felt like jelly and could barely stay upright. He walked into a room with the help of someone he couldn't recognize. He was in the middle of the room and looked around aimlessly.

"Cody," the man called out, "Cody? Sir, can you hear me? Nod if you can hear me," Cody turned his attention to the clone in front of him, he assumed he was a medic, and he nodded. "Okay, good. Here's a robe, you need to go and shower, understand?"

Cody nodded and was still a bit dazed and confused, but he was slowly regained his regular vision, hearing, thoughts, and strength. He grabbed the robe and put it on. He wrapped it tightly around him to gain some comfort. The clone helped him over to a shower.

Once Cody was done showering, fully clothed, and was clean and dried off, he made his way back to the room and sat on a med bed. His mind was now back to normal and everything was normal speed. He recognized the clone medic as Coric, who was standing in the room his a data pad in hand.

After the physical exam, which Cody passed, he headed back to his barracks. He sat on his bed tried to think what happened to him. Everything happened so fast, but then it all overwhelmingly came rushing back to him:

There goes Rex again, rushing head first into the battle. He's good at what he does, but he's a little impatient and needs to learn how to control that. There was a flash up in the sandy mountains. Sniper.

"Rex!" Cody yelled as he was sprinting over to him, "Rex take cover!"

But he forgot to put it through his helmet comm, and the explosions and blaster fires prevented Rex from hearing his brother. He sprinted faster and faster, he had to reach Rex. Argh, but he's so far way. There was a commando droid running at Rex as well, but he was too occupied with the battle droid in front of him, he wasn't seeing it.

Cody reached Rex and shoved him. Hard. Rex fell to the ground and the sniper shot, shooting Cody in his abdomen. A burning sensation rippled through his body. The commando droid pulled out a small sword and stabbed it into him, spilling a serum into his bloodstream. Cody dropped to ground and Rex exploded with rage.