Fights

Ahsoka, Rex, Lux, and Jammara were walking through the sparkling, snow covered forest. They were more than halfway to the Lux's ship, and Rex wasn't speaking at all, he just kept his helmet on. He was unusually quiet, so Ahsoka figured he had the external speakers off and was probably using Mando'a swears about Lux or the trip, maybe both. She was also a bit confused as to why she could now sense the shapeshifter, when earlier she couldn't.

Jammara paused and suddenly tensed and became alert. She started to sniff the air and she looked around, "He's close. Stay on high alert,"

Ahsoka placed a hand on her lightsaber hilt and she saw Rex rest his hand on his holster. Lux had no weapons, so he was just looked around frantically. They continued walking through the snow and Jammara whipped around. She ran behind Rex just as a black figure appeared behind him. Ahsoka grabbed his arm and jerked him away from the now fighting Gurlanins.

There were two of them, both looking very similar. They snarled and pounced on each other, biting and clawing profusely. Ahsoka ignited her lightsabers just incase and Rex pulled out his DC-17. Now, the shapeshifters were circling each other.

"Caelat," Jammara growled. Ahsoka made a mental note: Jammara's smaller. Got it.

"Sister," the second Gurlanin had an equally as smooth voice, but it was deep and rich. "You betrayed me!"

"I had to. I will not become a slave to the Separatists like you are,"

"Argh! I am not a slave!"

"You are. And you just can't see it,"

Caelat let out a low rumbling growl from the back of his throat and lunged. He swiped a sharply clawed paw at Jammara's face, but she jumped up and and landed on his back. She used her fangs to dig into his back. He let out a roar and went up on his hind legs, falling over backwards, landing on her.

Ahsoka stood on high alert in case she needed to step in. She watched as blood started to fly, but she couldn't tell whose it was. Jammara pinned Caelat to the ground, "Go!" She commanded at the others.

Ahsoka hesitated for a moment before she grabbed both Rex and Lux's wrists and started to lead them away from the brawl. She felt conflicted. She wanted to help Jammara, but the Gurlanin could handle herself pretty well. What good would Ahsoka do against a shapeshifter she couldn't sense? There was a loud roar of pain coming from behind, and she dared not to look. Keep running. She grunted as Rex slipped from her grasp and fell down. She internally groaned, did he have to be clumsy now? She stopped running and let go of Lux. Her heart dropped when she heard Rex let out a cry of pain.

Caelat had pinned Rex to the ground. Rex was lying on his back with his arm shielding his face. Caelat had a tight hold of between Rex's elbow plate and forearm plate with his teeth, starting to thrash his head vigorously. Rex clenched his teeth as he felt his skin tearing and he punched the shifter across the face with his free hand, but that didn't work. Ahsoka ignited her 'saber and was about to slice the Gurlanin when it melted into that black liquid and dissolved into the snow. She got down on her knees and helped Rex sit up. He was clutching the same arm Jammara had grabbed a hold of earlier. Jammara. Was she okay?

He let out a muffled grunt of pain as he staggered to his feet with the help of Ahsoka. She looked around and couldn't sense anyone around, except for Lux and Rex of course.

"Lux," Ahsoka said, "Take care of Rex. I'm going to go help Jammara. I can feel them fighting again,"

"Ahsoka, no. I can fight,"

"You're injured and Lux can't fight. Once we defeat Caelat we can get going. You will stay, understand? Both of you?" Lux and Rex nodded in unison. "Good. I'll be back," she rushed off to where the vibrations she felt were coming from.

Rex clamped down in where Caelat had tore a few holes in his arm. He looked up from his injury and saw Ahsoka was nowhere to be seen. He hated when she would disappear into thin air, then suddenly pop up next to him or something. He could feel Lux staring at him, and he didn't like it. Rex looked at the Senator, "What do you want?"

"N-Nothing. I was just.... that looks painful," Lux gestured to his wound that was starting to drip blood.

"Why are you helping us? Is it 'cause you still like Ahsoka and think you can win her back?"

"No, it's nothing like that. I'm over her, really, I am. You guys looked like you were in need of help, so I figured since I practically saved you, you'd have to save me in return,"

"....You're using this as blackmail?!"

"No.... not blackmail per se...." Lux said with a grin.

Rex scowled and grabbed Lux by the throat, slamming him against a tree, "You're a dead man," he whispered. He suddenly felt like Ahsoka was right behind, so he let go and turned around. But she wasn't there. That feeling happened again, like the smallest tingle in the back of his mind. He rubbed the back of his head. He slowly started to turn, looking to see is she was there. That warm feeling occurred again. What is that? His head snapped up. Ahsoka.

All the pain he was feeling faded away as he started to rush off in the general direction he saw Ahsoka going. He heard Lux shout behind him, but ignored it. He followed the tracks in the snow until he saw a trail of blood. He didn't know whose it was, but he was hoping it wasn't from Ahsoka. He followed that trail with his eyes until it led to a black lump in the snow. Rex took out his blaster and carefully walked over to it. He close enough to see its side rising and falling. He finally got to it and struggled to tell if it was Jammara or Caelat, but judging on the size, it was most likely Jammara.

Her fur was wet, and not with water. He pressed his lips together and looked around. Everything was quiet. Too quiet. He let out a breath, and a little cloud formed, then faded into the air.

"Jammara?" Rex said quietly, "Are you all right?"

She let out panting breaths, but other than that, no response. He sighed and then he heard running footsteps behind him. He turned on his heel, blaster outstretched, and was ready to pull the trigger. He let out a small groan when he saw Lux stop in tracks with his hands raised as if he were surrendering, "I could've killed you," Rex put down his blaster. "Shoulda killed you..." he muttered to himself.

"You're the one who ran off without saying anything,"

Rex rolled his eyes and turned back to Jammara. He got on his knees and stoked her body, then looked at his hand. His glove was blood covered. He grimaced, "What happened?"

Her eyes started to flutter open, "Togruta...... danger....."

His heart rate quickened, "Where is she?"

Jammara let out a raspy breath, "He's too strong...."

"Caelat? Look, I just need to know where Ahsoka's at,"

She lifted up her head and attempted to stand,  but failed. Rex winced as she collapsed onto the ground. He started to fish around in his pockets hoping to find some sort of painkiller at least, but Jammara let out a low growl, making him pause.

"Leave me," she said smoothly, "Go help Togruta. Follow trail,"

"Look, once you get a bit better you could de-,"

"Blond, go." She said sternly.

Blond? "....fine," he turned to Lux, "Stay with her, that's an order," Rex quickly looked around and saw the trail Jammara was talking about.

He walked over to the beginning of it and took one last glance over his shoulder, then started to jog through the small clearing that was also a well traveled path. His arm started to hurt again, but he forced himself to push the pain to the back of his mind. He constantly scanned the area around him, hoping to see some sort of movement. There was a small hill up ahead and he slipped, but steadied himself, when he went up it. At the top he let a breath of relief when he saw Ahsoka. He was about to run over to her, but then a second Ahsoka appeared. There were two her.