The Plan

"You wanted to see us, sir?" Rex said as he and Ahsoka entered a briefing room.

"Yes," Anakin said, "It's about what's going on with the cruiser and the clones,"

"The cruiser?" Ahsoka was confused, "Do you think they're some how connected?"

Cody spoke up, "We found charges inside and outside the walls of the explosion site. The clones that witnessed this happen said that the walls were lined with explosives and they didn't see them until it was too late,"

"But wasn't the cruiser scanned and it went under tests before you guys took it?" Ahsoka asked, "So wouldn't people have seen the charges?"

"Well, yes. But the security footage is missing from that time frame in which the large chunk fell off. So we think someone on board is a traitor,"

"Not again..." Rex muttered to himself.

" 'again?' " Ahsoka repeated.

Rex waved a hand, "Before you became a Padawan. Also, Cody, any word on the Ch-" He was about to say 'Chancellor' but realized only him and Cody discussed it.

"It's okay, Rex," Anakin said, "Obi-Wan told me,"

"Speaking of Obi-Wan," Ahsoka said, "Where is he?"

"He's helping his girlfriend at the moment," Anakin said with a smirk.

"Ah, okay," Ahsoka smirked too.

Rex was so lost. Kenobi had a girlfriend? Did they mean Satine? Man, he needed to get caught up on things, so he decided to change the subject, "Um, so, if the Jedi are being targeted by this order, shouldn't you all go into hiding?"

Ahsoka turned to Anakin since she didn't have the answer. Anakin said, "Yeah, but we're trying to figure this out first. We don't know much of anything, like if they kill younglings too, or just the adults. So until this gets sorted I doubt we'll go into hiding at the moment,"

Rex hadn't had much time to think about it until now, "Sorry for all the questions, but what about Kamino, is the clone production canceled? And it would be infested with the clones and-" He gasped, "Shaak Ti. Is she alright?"

Ahsoka put her hand on his shoulder, "She's okay. She was on a mission with some of the ARC troopers, so I'm sure she's fine,"

Rex let out a breath of relief and relaxed a bit. Cody gave him a look that was mixed with concern and solemness as he remembered why he was worried about her. Anakin saw Cody's face and was now the one who had questions, "Why are you so concerned about her?"

"It's a long story...." Rex said.

Cody made an a small hand gesture to get Rex's attention, which worked, because Rex quickly looked over to him. Him and his brother were communicating back and forth using the hand signals that they learned along the years, and some which they came up with. Anakin rolled his eyes at the two having a secret conversation, "Y'know, having this serious talk usually works when everyone is participating,"

Rex paused and realized his general was talking about him, "Ooh, sorry. You were saying?"

Anakin lightly sighed, "I was saying that-"

He was interrupted by Cody's comlink going off, "Cody here," he said into the com.

"Cody, it's Fox,"

"Is everything okay?"

"No. It's the Chancellor,"

"What about him?"

"Well I tried contacting Rex, but he wouldn't answer, and the Jedi coms are out-"

"Get the point,"