Choices

Rex took a small peek at his chrono. Of course he was finally tired when it was time to get up. He contemplated getting up, but decided against it. He needed sleep so he wouldn't tear everyone's heads off if they did one simple thing wrong. He pulled the sheet closer to his body and he felt Ahsoka stir next to him. She looked at her chrono too and turned off the alarm before it went off. She slowly sat up and rubbed at her eyes tiredly. Rex was lying on his side with his back to her and she smirked, he always slept in.

Ahsoka swung her legs over the side of the bed and stood up. She put her arms above her head and stretched, letting out a tiny sigh and putting her arms back at her sides as she turned to face Rex. The blanket was up so far it was just above the top of his ear. If they weren't cuddling while sleeping, he either had the blanket how it was now, or his head was under the pillow, and she never figured out why.

"Rex?" She asked quietly and saw him stir a tad, "Rex, d'bhem, it's time to get up,"

He let out a soft groan, "No,"

She smirked and gingerly sat down next to him. She pulled back the covers a tad and kissed his head, "Yes,"

"Twelve more hours?"

"Wha— no. How about two seconds?"

He shook his head and grumbled a bunch of words. Ahsoka chuckled, "Rex, I know you're not a morning person, but you need to get up. We might get a new assignment and you don't wanna go in an op or briefing room all disheveled because you were running late,"

Rex groaned, "Fine," he rolled to his back and sat up.

"Y'know, if this is gonna become a habit, maybe I should just hit you with a pillow to wake you up,"

He slowly looked over at her, "How 'bout you don't,"

"You have to get ready for training, remember?"

"How could I forget?" He rubbed at his eyes tiredly, "Could you make me ten cups of caf?"

"Uh, no. Make 'em yourself, also, you should probably make only one cup,"

He made an incoherent grunt and forced himself to get out of bed. His feet touch the floor and he stood up, his side hurt whenever he'd move in a certain way. Ahsoka inhaled, "Ooh, Rex. You got a pretty good bruise, where'd you get that?"

So that's why his side hurt. He looked down at his left side and saw a big bruise that was at the bottom of his ribs. He put pressure on it with his fingers to see how much it hurt. Ow. Rex didn't want to tell Ahsoka she had elbowed him so incredibly hard two nights ago he thought someone was attacking him, so he just said, "Uh, training," he didn't want to make her feel bad about causing a painful mark.

She looked at him with disbelief for a fraction of a second and shrugged, "Okay. If you say so,"

Kriff, she knows I'm lying, he thought. He knew he couldn't lie to save his life, and he wondered how many people questioned when he said something that wasn't the truth. He walked around the bed to Ahsoka's side and she stood up, "Go get ready, I'll make you one cup of caf,"

He smirked, "Okay,"

He grabbed a pair of blacks and he quickly stripped down and put on the body suit. He didn't like wearing just the suit since it left him feeling very exposed, so he quickly put on the bottom half of his armor.

Ahsoka walked over to him with a cup and she handed it to him. Rex nodded his thanks and he lightly blew on the steaming drink. She went to go get ready as well and he took a sip of the caf. He set it on the bedside table and put on the rest of his armor and finished getting ready.