Adoration

Back onboard the cruiser, Rex and Ahsoka were in the mess hall having a light snack.

"So," Rex said, "did you find out what Annalex didn't like?"

"Mm, yeah. I figured it out pretty quickly since she decided to speak a little bit. Apparently she is, not only scared of the dark, but she also doesn't like sleeping without an adult. I guess she feels less protected when she's alone? I'm not too sure." Ahsoka explained.

"Yeah, I guess that clears up a few things." He took a drink of his caf.

Ahsoka looked at him hard, "How many cups have you had today?"

He set the cup down, "Too many for your liking."

Fives appeared and came over, sitting down next to Rex. He put his elbows on the table and rested his face in his hands. Rex rose an eyebrow, "What's with you?"

Fives groaned, "I got a pounding headache that won't leave."

"Funny. I get one every time you enter the room." Ahsoka glared at him. "...Sorry. Why don't you take a painkiller of some sort?"

"I just did. It hasn't kicked in yet."

"You should lie down. And these bright lights won't help with the headache, so go to the barracks and get some rest. It'll do you some good. Plus, nothing's going on so you won't miss anything important. The only thing that might happen is a call from Skywalker, but other than that...." he shrugged.

Fives groaned again, "I'm too lazy to go back to the barracks."

"And if I order you to get some rest? Or comm Kix?"

Fives lifted his face from his hands, "Don't you dare comm Kix."

"Look," said Ahsoka, "since Kix's down on the field, Rex and I are essentially the adults here. So we can order you around as much as we want."

"Ughh, fine, Mom," Fives said as he stood up. Once he left the mess, Rex looked at Ahsoka and smirked.

"Whelp," she said, "guess I'm 'mom' now." and shrugged.

"Then that makes me the dad. I'm kind of already the dad to the 501st.... 'xcept Hardcase once called me 'mom'. And so did Tup one time. I guess it's interchangeable for me. They might as well just call me 'buir' while they're at it."

Ahsoka chuckled and they soon both finished up what they were eating. After putting their trays and everything away, they headed down to Rex's quarters. Once in the room, Rex plopped down on his bed and started to unclip the top half of his armor, setting it on the ground. Ahsoka went over and sat down next to him and placed a kiss to his cheek, "Y'know, unless Anakin finishes up soon, we'll have to go down there. That means that this could be one of our last private moments for a small bit." She nuzzled into his neck.

Rex took off the rest of his arm armor and gloves, then he placed his arm around her, "I know. Might as well make the most of it," he smiled.

Ahsoka grinned and stood up. She started to rummage through a drawer and pulled out one of his large hoodies. It was even a bit large for him, but to her, the baggier the better. She pulled it over top of her montrals and put it on. She smoothed it out and crawled back onto the bed. Her and Rex sat next to each other with their backs against the wall. He had his arm around her and she was resting her head between his neck and shoulder. Ahsoka pulled her knees to her chest and breathed in his scent. Rex lightly rubbed his fingers up and down her upper arm. They sat like that for a while, just relishing in each other's presence.

Ahsoka eventually broke the silence by a giggle she couldn't contain. Rex furrowed his brow in confusion, "What's so funny?"

She suppressed a smile, "Nothing...."