Light

Rex found Kix and decided to ask for his opinion about Ahsoka being taken back to the cruiser.

"So you've done research?" Kix asked.

"Yeah, I'd did. And I found that stress can play a large part in making her blind longer. And the more stress Ahsoka is under, the less likely that her vision will get better,"

"Well, stress can be factor, that's true,"

"And she is stressed here, she had a panic attack last night,"

"That's completely understandable given the circumstances, Rex,"

"And I also found that blindness can be just psychological caused be a traumatic event,"

"There was trauma. Blunt trauma. It's not psychological, it is physical. Look, I don't mean to be the bad guy here, but you can't self diagnose her. If you'll excuse me I need to take care of some patients," he started to walk away.

"Okay, wait a second," Kix stopped, sighed, and turned back around. Rex walked up to him. "If there are other reasons that are keeping her here that I don't know about, I respect that. I do. But if there aren't, what is the difference between her lying here, versus a place she is familiar and comfortable with?"

"She can be monitored here, and she as all day care here,"

"I can monitor her. I can watch her the whole time. And there's a Med Bay across the cruiser, plus this place here. Please, Kix. I know her, she will get better,"

Kix looked down and sighed heavily, ".... fine. But you must call if anything happens. Understand?"

Rex nodded, "I understand. Thank you, Kix,"

"Don't thank me yet. Just... be cautious of Anakin. You know he gets protective of her,"

"Yeah. I know,"

Rex and Ahsoka made back to the cruiser, and now they were at the hall with the private quarters. He had a hold of her hand and asked, "Yours or mine?"

Ahsoka squeezed his hand, "Y-yours,"

"Okay,"

Rex led her to his private quarters and he tucked her into his bed gently. He walked around turning off all the lights, "Kix said to keep the room dark," he explained.

Ahsoka sat up and scoffed, "Not that it matters,"

Rex walked over to her, "Hey, come on, Cyare, it's gonna change," he sat down on the bed next to her. He sighed and reached over to his bed side table, "Here, I got you some water," he handed her the canteen.

She took it with shaky hands and brought it to her lips. She started to shake so bad she nearly dropped it and spilled it everywhere, "Damn," she cursed.

Rex put a hand on her shoulder, "It's okay, it's all right. You just need to relax. Lay back?" She nodded and he stood up. He helped her lay down and pull the sheets over her. "Get some rest," he leaned in close to her, "You're gonna get better," he whispered soothingly, "You're gonna see again.

"And what if I don't? What if I can't see, Rex? What if I can't see you ever again?!"

"Hey, shhh," he calmed her down and stroked her lekku, "You will," Rex kissed her forehead and quickly did one last round around the room to make sure everything was how it was. He exited it and mentally grimaced when he came face to face with Anakin. Rex shut the door and started to walk away to go use the refresher room but Anakin stopped him and said, "She should still be at the Med Center,"

Rex turned around, "Kix said I could bring her back here."

"Yeah, well, you and Kix are wrong. You should've consulted all of us with that decision,"