Injury

Anakin had called Rex and Ahsoka to go over their next mission. They needed to go to Coruscant with a group of shinies to help get them battle ready. It wasn't something that was normally done, but the Kaminoans and member of the Senate decided to lower the age for clones to go into the GAR. The new clones were now equivalent to an 18 year old, and hadn't even finished all the training, so Rex wanted to get a feel for what they knew. Anakin told him and Ahsoka that a Separatist transmission was overheard and that they were planning on attacking Coruscant, specifically all members of the Senate who lived there.

*At Coruscant*

As soon as they had gotten there, the ambush started. Anakin ordered Ahsoka, Rex, and five other clones to go to Padmé's complex and make sure she was alright. He stayed behind and took out the B1 and B2 battle droids behind the group. Ahsoka and Rex made to an elevator and boarded it with the clones.

Once they got to the room, Rex pounded on the door. Padmé quickly came to the door and opened it, "What's happening, I heard blaster fires,"

"Ambush," Ahsoka responded, "We need to get you out of here,"

"Too late," one of the shinies pointed out.

Both sides of the hallways were blocked by the marching battle droids and the commando droids were running for them.

"Get in and lock the door," Padmé instructed.

Everyone got in without hesitation and Rex and a new clone welded the door shut, as well as locked it. Padmé got out a small blaster and had it held out in front of her in case the door were to give way.

"What now?" Ahsoka asked Rex.

"Either we hold them off or we attempt to use the cable guns and jump out a window," Rex responded as he quickly walked over to the others.

"Hmm," Ahsoka thought, "Let's-," her sentence was interrupted by a loud explosion.

The door suddenly blasted away and there was a huge hole in the wall where the door used to be. Rex used hand signals to tell the surrounding clones what to do. Two of them, Tab and Buck, were stationed by the door with Ahsoka, and the rest were scattered throughout the room.

The first wave of droids hit, many of them got past Ahsoka, Buck, and Tab and came after everyone else. Ahsoka was busy slicing through some droids, that she didn't notice a commando droid running for Padmé with a sword in its hand. But Rex saw it and he ran towards her. He shot at the droid, but with it's tough armor, it barely made a difference. Rex got between the Senator and the Commando and continued the fire at the droid, but the gap between them wasn't big enough.

The droid lunged and managed to slice the area where the top of his thigh armor and codpiece didn't cover Rex's inner thigh. He didn't feel much pain because of the adrenaline, but he saw his leg was pouring blood. It must've struck an artery. His legs went weak and he rapidly shot at the Commando, making it drop to the ground dead. Rex collapsed to his knees and ended up falling backwards. Ahsoka sensed something was wrong and turned around. She saw Rex lying on the floor surround by his crimson blood.

"Rex!" She shouted.

Padmé turned around and saw Rex, so she got next to him and started to inspect him. Ahsoka sprinted over and and got on her knees next to him. Rex was breathing heavy and slightly groaning. Ahsoka placed her hands on the armor covering his thigh and between his legs where the large wound was, but he weakly grabbed her wrists and made a small grunt and shook his head.

"Ahsoka let me do it," Padmé said, understanding what he was trying to say. "You can fight better than me, I'll take care of him, besides, it's my turn to return the favor,"