Trauma

Rex had managed, with some heavy coaxing from Anakin and Obi-Wan, to go back to his quarters on the cruiser outside the MedCenter. He rushed into his room, fearful someone would ask him a question while his emotions were all over the place. He closed the door behind him and went over to his mirror and couldn't help but let out a strangled sob. He put a hand over his eyes and calmed himself down. He did his best to reassure himself, but that was difficult. He slid his hand down so it was just below his nose, now covering his mouth. At this point, he couldn't contain the water works. Rex put a hand up against the wall to steady himself and was ready to just let release it all, but there was a knock on the door.

He gasped quietly and quickly wiped away the tears that were streaming down his face, "uh... uh yeah, just a second," he called. He sniffled and blinked to push back the rest of the tears. "Come in,"

The door opened and Cody appeared. He walked inside and walked over to Rex, "How is she doing?" He asked softly.

"She's, uh, she's conscious,"

"Well, that's good," he said with a smirk.

"No, it's not... She's, um.... she's b- she's blind,"

Cody stood there and his eyes went a tad bigger, "Oh.... I'm- I'm sorry, Rex. It's just temporary right?" Rex nodded. "Yeah, so it'll come back, you'll see,"

"Yeah,"

"Is there anything I can do? Anything you want,"

"Uh, no thanks," he pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head, "I'm just gonna go back to the Med Center, I—,"

"Oh, slow down, brother. You literally just got here, you need to calm down. You're not missing anything. And if anything does happens they'll call you,"

"I know but—,"

"Rex...." Cody shook his head, "You need to rest. You're gonna collapse if you don't. Besides, you're no good to her if you're going to be tired all the time."

Rex scoffed, "That's what Skywalker said,"

"And it's the truth—,"

"No, look I gotta go,"

"Lemme guess, there's no way I can stop you," he said more of matter-of-fact than a question.

"Correct," he went over to his bed and pulled on his helmet, "I'll see you later," he walked over to the door.

Cody sighed, "Rex, wait. You're in no condition, let me fly you there,"

Rex turned around, "Fine," They left his room and headed down to the hanger.

Rex had a bit of trouble finding Ahsoka's room. He went to the one she was in earlier, but she wasn't there. He decided to go back to desk where the waiting room was. The person told him she had moved to a more private room, and gave him the number.

Rex went to that room and found it was darker, and a tad more homely that the previous one she was in. He walked in a saw Anakin sitting in a chair next to the bed Ahsoka was sleeping in. He looked up at Rex, "She's been sleeping on and off. No changes,"

"Why'd they move her?"

"Medics figured she'd be more comfortable in a more secluded room. Well, I should go," he stood up and walked over to Rex and patted his shoulder, "Comm me,"

"Okay,"

Rex watched as Anakin left, and he then walked over to his wife, "Hey, Ahsoka," he lightly stroked her arm. Ahsoka startled wake. "Hey," he whispered.

"Anakin?" She asked.

"Hey. No, it's me," he said softly.

"Rex, where are you?" she sat up and started to feel around.