Kamino Pt1

"Mission's been approved, guys," Anakin said, "We need to work out the smaller details, but that can be done quickly,"

"So we're really going through with this?" Rex asked.

"Yes. Now go grab some clones, and we'll brief them on the mission, we found where Dooku is so we all need to leave as soon as possible,"

"Yes, sir,"

Rex walked over to the clone barracks and entered the room, "Uh Echo, Fives, Jesse come with me," he said with a hand gesture.

"Are we in trouble?" Fives asked, "I haven't pranked any one yet,"

"No, you're not in trouble, you're going on a mission, now come on,"

*After the briefing and the clones are on a small shuttle flying low, barely skimming the ocean of Kamino*

Rex connected some tubes to an oxygen take and put it on like a backpack. He reached back and attached the tubes to the front of his helmet and put the flippers on his boots and locked them in place. He turned on the tank and opened up the ramp, revealing the vast area with a blackish blue water. It looked as if it were breathing, with the surface rising and falling at a calming and rhythmic pace as if it were made of sentient glass. Rex turned his head and saw the others were ready as well, so, as an instinct, he took a deep breath even though he didn't need to, and leapt into the water.

Rex descended into the icy black sea and slowly let out the breath, feeling like he was being swallowed by the shadows. He saw Jesse, Echo, and Fives break through the surface and plunge into the inky, bone chilling, waters as well. Rex looked down and saw nothing but darkness, something that should've scared him not knowing what was down there, but he felt strangely at ease. He kept his legs churning through the water and he turned on his internal helmet com, "Jesse, Echo, Fives, can you hear me?" Rex asked, wanting to make sure everyone's coms were working.

"Receiving, sir," Echo said.

"I hear you, Cap," Jesse responded.

"I can hear you loud and clear, a little too loud for my taste," Fives said on the other end.

Rex smirked, "At least we can communicate with each other," He switched to a different channel, "Alright Hawk we're all good down here,"

"Good luck, sir," Hawk said.

"Thanks, trooper," he switched back to the original channel, "Let's go,"

They all swam through the water and occasionally they would go to the surface to see how close they were to the cloning facility. They needed to sneak inside undetected in order for their plan to work, so landing on a landing pad wouldn't have been be very subtle. After what felt like forever, they made it to one of the posts holding up the short circular buildings. Rex pulled up the layout for the facility on his HUD to make sure they were in the right spot, which they were. Echo pulled out his grappling gun and swam to the surface, the others following behind.

He shot it straight up and it attached to the bottom of the building, right next to a small security hatch. He clipped the gun to his utility belt and watched as the others repeated what he did. Rex went first and was being repelled into the air, water droplets rolling down his visor and armor. He wiped the droplets off so he could see clearer and looked down, he hadn't realized how high up he was going, they were lucky the grappling guns could make it that far.

Rex set up a small compartment when he reached the building and he attached it to the bottom. He swiftly took off his oxygen tank and  tubes, along with his flippers, and stuck them inside that compartment. When Fives detached the tubes, he gave a dramatic inhale and said he was glad to be able to breath in oxygen on his own, everyone was slightly confused, but it was Fives and he was always a tad confusing and overdramatic at times.

With everyone free of their aquatic gear, Jesse opened the hatch by him and pulled himself up into it. All Echo, Rex, and Fives could see was his dangling legs, but then they disappeared, "It's clear for now," he said over the com, "Come on up,"

Echo was next, then Fives and Rex. Rex closed the hatch behind him when he entered the room and he looked around. It was a room for extra storage, containing extra armor and weaponry, which they had planned out. Rex quickly grabbed a set of band new Phase 2 armor and started to take off his custom armor while the others did the same.

Once everyone was in the plain Phase 2 armor, Echo used the thermal scanner in his helmet to see if anyone was near. It was clear. He opened up the door and squinted a tad at the bright stark white walls and flooring, the lights didn't help either. He stuck his head out and looked both ways just in case. He made a hand signal and signaled to them that the coast was clear.

Over the com Rex said, "He's where we can have options. We can stick together, or split up, kill two birds with one stone,"

"So you think we should split up?" Asked Echo.

"For this particular assignment, yes,"

"But splitting up never turns out well," Fives said, "Haven't you ever seen those holomovies?"

Rex sighed, "I know. I know, but I'm sure the clones and Kaminoans would find it suspicious if four clones were walking around,"

"Yeah I guess you have a point,"

"Jess, with me. Fives, you and Echo take a look around, we'll meet back here when you're done. You guys know the plan, so let's get moving," Rex commanded.