Home Sweet Home

Rex ran through an empty hallway, albeit a little slower than normal, but nonetheless faster than an average citizen. He constantly looked down at the map on the data pad to make sure he was going the correct way. He thought to himself that escaping was so far easy, but he jinxed himself. He neared a flight of stairs he had to take, but three people were stationed there. He quickly stopped, "Blast,"

"Hey!" One of them called out, "What are you doing?"

Rex slowly walked up to them with caution, "I am, uh, trying to use the stairs. So if you would move out of the way that would be much appreciated," he tried to squeeze through but one of them pushed him back.

"I don't think so. You're lucky we don't sound the alarm saying that a prisoner escaped,"

"'Prisoner?' No, no, I was kidnapped, not taken in by the police or something,"

"Either way," came a new voice, "We can't let you leave,"

"Well that's unfortunate. For you, I mean,"

"Why?"

"I'm sorry," Rex said to the guy in front of him.

"For what?"

"This:," he kicked the man between the legs, which resulted in the guy falling to his knees.

The others around him grimaced and one tried to grab him, but Rex hit him in the throat. The man started to gasp for air, he forgot how effective that was (side note: don't punch/hit people in the throat. It can cause serious damage to certain people. Actually, don't hit people at all unless you're defending yourself or something). Two down, one more to go he through to himself as he prepared to strike the other guy. He hit the guy's head with the data pad to distract him, and he quickly stepped over the ones on the floor to enter the stair well. He took one step him when something grabbed into his ankle, causing him to fall and face plant into the hard floor.

Rex grunted as he tried to pull his leg free, but then he felt something sharp ever his calf. He jerked his leg hard and managed to stand up, "Ow what was that," he turned around.

The man laughed, "It was— oh no I gave you the wrong one,"

Rex wasn't sticking around to find out what he was talking about, so he quickly started to climb up the stairs. He reached the top floor when his aches and pains started to fade away. He shrugged it of, he was grateful he wasn't in pain anymore, but he started to feel loopy. He exited the stairwell and looked at his map, almost there. He just needed to leave the underground place and steal a nearby ship. He started to jog through a long hallway and he saw the elevator was all the way down the hall.

A small ding came from the lift and a light flashed above the door. Rex stopped short and took a quick look around. The only place to hide was behind a crate that was up against the wall, and it was halfway between him and the lift. He sprinted over to the crate and he heard the door open, so he quickly ducked down and crouched the rest of the way. He put his back against the crate and listened as the footsteps got louder, but soon trailed off. He let out a breath of relief and carefully looked over to top of the crate. All clear.

Rex stood up and half jogged half ran to the elevator. He finally got in it unseen and pressed the button to go up to the surface. He started to click the button rapidly, the door was taking forever to close. "Come on, come on," he muttered. The door finally closed and he felt it taking him up and up. It was a short ride and soon it dinged, and it opened up. He was now outside and new why there weren't too many people out. It was pitch black.

It was midnight and there weren't any lights, most likely to keep it hidden. He looked at the data pad again and saw there was a small landing platform for ships, and he figured he had to go there. He walked blindly through the cold night air. There was a brisk breeze which caused goosebumps to form on his arms. He pulled out of his DC-17s from the bag just in case. He started to think about what Ahsoka was doing. Was she trying to find him? Of course she was, right? Maybe she was already looking for him. Rex didn't even know where to go next, let alone how to even find a cruiser without any of his devices.