Ahsoka vs Maul

"You're lucky Anakin didn't show up. With the way you're fighting, you wouldn't have lasted long," Ahsoka retorted as she swung her lightsaber to readjust her grip.

Maul grumbled, "You have Kenobi's arrogance,"

"You'll find I have many qualities for you to dislike!" She growled the last part and lunged at Maul's neck.

He blocked it with his lightsaber and felt the hotness coming off the blades. He quickly pushed it away from his face and attempted to strike at the young Jedi. Ahsoka bent over like she was doing limbo in order to dodge his slice. She jumped up and to get a better angle and crashed down with  both her lightsabers to try and slice down on Maul, but he was one step ahead. He managed to slip his lightsaber between her two and flick it upwards, sending one lightsaber flying out of Ahsoka's hand.

Maul struck at her feet with the bottom blade and she easily blocked it, but he quickly used the top of his lightsaber and went for her head. Using one 'saber, Ahsoka struggled to block the blows he was trying to land at her legs and head. Maul elbowed her in the face which caused her nose to bleed shortly after. She wiped the blood with the back of her free hand and leapt onto Maul, her feet were where his metal legs met his torso, and now Maul couldn't strike at her with Ahsoka that close to him.

He growled and shoved her off, causing her land and slide back on her feet. Maul swooped down low to hit her legs, but Ahsoka used her blade as a shield and the crackling of the two lightsaber filled the room. She quickly moved her lightsaber upward to move his out of the way so she could take some steps away. Her motion worked. Ahsoka noticed her second lightsaber was behind Maul. Using the Force, she made her lightsaber lift up and turn on, the tip facing Maul. She drew it to her at a fast speed and Maul just barely dodged it. The lightsaber turned and the right moment so it would put a hole through Ahsoka's hand. She smiled as she now hand both lightsabers again.

Ahsoka charged at Maul but he used the Force to push her. She was thrown against the wall and hit it with a crack. She fell to her hands and knees, trying to get air back into her lungs.

Maul slowly walked up to her, "You're a good fighter... but not good enough," he said in a breathy and growly tone.

Ahsoka staggered to her feet and relit her lightsabers, casting a greenish glow against her, "I am here to bring you to justice, so we can do this the hard way, or the easy way."

Maul looked unfazed, "Justice is merely the construct of the current power base. A base which, according to my calculations, is about to change."

"By who?"

"By Darth..." Maul inhaled a little, "Sidious,"

"And he is behind it?"

"He is behind everything. Lurking in the shadows. But soon, very soon...," Maul exhaled deeply, "he will reveal himself,"

Ahsoka sighed, who was this 'Sidious'? But she couldn't worry about that now, she just hoped that Anakin could find Satine and they could capture Maul and get out of there. She needed to keep him distracted, just a little bit longer, "With your help, the Jedi could stop Sidious before it's to late,"

"To late!? To late for what, the Republic to fall? It already has and you just can't see it! There is no law, no order, except for the one that will replace it!" Ahsoka was confused. What was he going on and on about? "The time of the Jedi had passed. They cannot defeat Sidious," Maul inhaled deeply, "But together, you and I can," he held out his hand, offering Ahsoka to take it.

What? Was Maul wanting to team up with her?  He was the one she fighting, the one she had to capture and take into custody. This day was getting crazier and crazier. First he said Anakin was the key to everything, and not bring balance to the Force, but 'to destroy' as he had said. But why was Anakin so important? She had to ask, curiosity got the better of her, "I will help you. But you must answer one question,"

"You have but to ask," he said stretching his hand out a little further.

"What do you want with Anakin Skywalker?"

Maul lowered his hand, "He has long been groomed for his role, as my master's new apprentice."

A flare erupted in Ahsoka. Was he telling the truth? He would lie to her, he's told the truth so far, but still. "You lie," she said angrily.

Maul laughed, "I'm a afraid not. In fact I lured him here so that I could kill him." He got a little mad, "Thus, depriving Sidious of his prized pupil. But Savage chased him away!"

Ahsoka's heart nearly stopped. She needed to get out of there and get Anakin before it was too late. She calmed her self down, she could easily distract him, and Ahsoka had Maul right where she wanted. Well, not exactly, but he was to diverted into his thoughts to see Ahsoka's move coming. There was a large, stained glass window behind him, so she used the Force and with the rest of her strength, used her power to push Maul away. He yelled as he was suddenly flying through the air.

Ahsoka mentally cursed, they were up stories high and she wasn't supposed to kill him. She quickly ran and used the Force to stop him from falling to his death.

"Let me go! Let me die!" He shouted.

Ahsoka was seriously considering it, but then clones in Republic gunships showed up. Rex and Obi-Wan were in one, so she let out a breath of relief.

"You're all going burn! We're all going to die!" Maul shouted as cables from the cable guns wrapped round him, "You don't know why you're doing!" Maul grunted and shouted against the cables.

Rex fired a stun gun at Maul and he grunted and it stuck him. Maul went limp and Ahsoka let of of him and took a breath to take in what had happened.

"We'll take it from here, Commander," Domino said.

Ahsoka nodded and sighed. The gunships left but one stayed. She leapt into it and landed near her husband and Obi-Wan.

"Are you okay," Rex asked, the concern was head in his voice.

Ahsoka smiled, "I'm fine. It's just fighting him was difficult. Where's Anakin?"

"Anakin safely reached Satine," Obi-Wan said, "He's with her on the cruiser. The clone forces overtook Death Watch, so we just saved Mandalore and capture Maul thanks to you,"

Ahsoka felt relief wash over her. Finally she could go home. The day felt like it dragged on forever. Everything could now go back to normal and everything will be fine.