Coruscant

Aboard a small ship, Rex and Anakin were sitting side by side in the cockpit. They were traveling at light speed now and were well on their way. Rex was fidgeting around with a loose bolt keeping a lever in place. Anakin saw this, "What's wrong?"

Rex looked up, "Oh, uh, nothing sir, I'm fine,"

"You sure about that? You're fidgeting,"

"I know it's just whenever I'm really nervous I fidget a lot. It's a habit I picked up on Kamino,"

"Oh. Well why Kamino, if you don't mind me asking,"

Rex tried to find a way to word this without sounding like he was weak and needed someone to look out for him, "Um... well, when I was young, like three or four maybe, that's when I was starting to be.... picked on," he didn't want to say 'made fun of', partly because he didn't like to use those words, and because felt insecure about that small phrase.

"I'm sorry, Rex. What else happened?"

"When I was in the middle of my cadet training, that's when it was the worst. My differences stood out a lot more, and others started to point them out. I was always dreading to go to the training room because of this. I guess, somewhere along the way I started to fidget and it's carried on with me I suppose,"

Anakin was surprised. So basically Rex was bullied on Kamino, but they were all brothers, so why would they do this? Sheesh, poor guy, "Okay, well, what are your 'differences'?" He asked.

Rex looked up at his general, "You really haven't noticed? Well, there's my hair, which stands out the most. The older clones would talk about my 'smartness' and how I was a know-it-all,"

"So that's why you call out everyone's mistakes and know where the faults are,"

"Yeah. It just happens, I try not to do it as much. I'm also a hair shorter than the others and my body is sort of built differently. So I'm not as muscular, but that's where my flexibility comes handy. The others aren't as flexible and that sometimes costs them in training," Rex said with a hint of a smile.

Anakin thought back to when he watched Rex spar with the others, "That time when you were sparring with Jesse, you easily overtook him, did all that make it happen?"

"Yes. Well no, I guess not all of it. It helps to know their 'weak spots' and to strike when they are defenseless even if it's for a fraction of a second,"

"What's your weak spot,"

"You're not going to find out from me,"

"Stang, who knows? Wait, wait, wait, let me guess.... Ahsoka and Cody," Rex nodded, "Ha! I knew it. You tell 'em everything don't you?"

"Well yeah, Cody's by brother and has been with me since the beginning and Ahsoka's my wife, so yeah we talk,"

"That makes sense.... so did anything else happen on Kamino," Rex opened his mouth to speak but Anakin quickly added, "But you don't have to tell me if you don't want to,"

"No, no it's okay. There was this time when a Trandoshan somehow snuck into the place where we all slept. It was nighttime so everyone was sleeping, except Cody. He had got up to do something and there was a bunch of loud clattering. I got up and and saw him wrestling with that Trandoshan. I got down and tried to distract the lizard but I ended up getting hit across my face by its claws, which is how I got this," he pointed to a scar on his chin, "Cody also got his scar from that incident. Even though he was blinded in one eye from the blood, he still fought the Trandoshan with the help of me and some other clones. Shaak Ti got  there pretty quickly after the fact and with her help he was dead in a heartbeat,"