Chancellor Palpatine

"Oh my what was that?" Palpatine said as the explosion went off.

Anakin rushed to the large window and saw part of a building collapse and fall to the ground, hordes of people rushing about, "I must go and help," he said, forgetting about his real goal.

"Come now, I know as a Jedi you are a keeper of the piece, but we have things that will take care of this."

"But I can go over there and use the Force really quickly and maybe help some injured," Anakin persisted.

"Believe me, I know a lot about what you can do with the Force,"

Odd change of subject but okay, "What do you know about the Force?" Anakin said bitterly.

"My mentor taught me everything about it... Even the dark side,"

Anakin felt something turn in his stomach, "The dark side, why the dark side?"

"Anakin, if one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all it's aspects, not just the narrow view of the Jedi. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace a larger view of the Force. Be careful of the Jedi, Anakin. Only through me... can you achieve a greater power than any other Jedi." He walked up to Skywalker, "Learn to know the dark side of the Force, and you will be able to stop this war from certain failure,"

"What?"

"Use my knowledge. I beg you,"

Anakin realized something he wish he hadn't. He ignited his blue lightsaber and held it to the Chancellor's face, "You're the Sith Lord,"

"I know what's been troubling you, Anakin, but listen to me. Do not continue to be controlled by the Jedi Council. Ever since I've known you you've been searching for a life... greater than an ordinary Jedi. A life of significance," he was doing his best to persuade Anakin, "of conscious... Are you going to kill me?"

Anakin was very upset and mad. It was just confirmed that his mentor and friend was the one who hurt his friends, "I would certainly like to,"

"I know you would," he said creepily, "I can feel your anger. It gives you focus, makes you stronger,"

Anakin turned off his blade and still had anger in his eyes, "I'm going to turn you over to the Jedi Council,"

"Of course you should. But your not sure of their intentions, are you?"

"No, but I will soon know of them,"

"You have great wisdom, Anakin," he still wasn't giving up on trying to convince him, "Know the power of the dark side. Power to end this war,"

Mace Windu suddenly came into the room and went over to Anakin and Palpatine, "In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Repubilc, you are under arrest, Chancellor," he said and turned on his purple lightsaber.

Anakin took some steps back and Palptine said, "At you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

"The senate will decide your fate,"

"I am the senate," he said in a croaky voice.

"Not yet,"

"It's treason then," he said, slow and threatening.

He slid down a lightsaber from his sleeve and ignited it, casting a red glow. Anakin turned on his lightsaber and Palpaine snarled as he lunged in the air, doing many rolls, as he flew over to Windu. Mace jumped back and let the mad man come to him. Palpating lunged again, trying to slice as him, but he blocked them. Anakin just stood back and watched, not really knowing what do to at that moment.

Palpatine chasing and struck at Mace until they reached the large window. Mace accidentally cut at it, causing it to shatter and the glass fell down from stories high. They stood at the large window sill and they were at a stale mate.  Neither of them were winning, and Anakin surely wasn't helping. The Chancellor and Windu had their lightsaber locked and their face were inches apart, the lightsabers casting color across their faces. Mace pushed with such force and kicked Palpatine on the chest, making him fall over and skid across the sill until he was up against the edge.

Mace had his lightsaber at the Chancellor's throat and was breathing heavy, "You are under arrest, my lord."

"Anakin," he called out, "Help me,"

Anakin just stood there, still unsure what to do, but he felt something dark and mysterious start to overtake his thoughts.

"You have lost!" Mace said angrily.

"No. No, you will die!" Palpatine yelled. He held up his hands and a blueish white Force lightning came out if his fingers. Mace yelped as the lightning struck against his lightsaber, "He's a traitor!" Palpatine yelled to Anakin.

"He is the traitor!" Mace yelled back, struggling to block the lightning, he started to groan at as it was starting to become extremely difficult.

The lightning was reflecting back into Palpatine, and it started to distort his face, "I have the power to make you win this war! You must choose!" He yelled.

A vein was popping out of Mace's forehead, "Don't listen to him, Anakin!"

"Don't let him kill me!" Palpatine yelped as his face got more and more grotesque from his Force lightning, "I can't hold it much longer I-I-I- I can't. I-I- I'm weak. I'm- Im too weak. Anakin! Help me! Help me!" He stopped the Force lightning and moved his jaw around to readjust his face and he groaned, "I-I- I can't hold on any longer."

Anakin felt like that mysterious force was now invading and taking over his whole body and conscious. He felt weak and his vision blurred. It was to difficult to fight, he had to to give in. But something, something in the back of his mind, like that one tiniest star in the blackest sky told him this. was. wrong. Just that little speck gave him hope, it reminding him of all the good things in his life: his relationship with Padmé, his father/brotherly relationship with Ahsoka, how Obi-Wan was his best friend and the brother he never had. And the clones. Rex, Fives, and so many others. How would they think about this? What would Ahsoka do in this position? Anakin was snapped back into reality and like he got mental whiplash.

Palpatine's voice called out, "Please! Anakin, don't let- don't let me die!"

"He must go!" Mace shouted above the high winds coming into the room.

The Chancellor looked at Anakin with hope in his eyes. But he never did think about the relationships Anakin had that kept him going. The relationships that kept him alive, and the ones that made him laugh and feel comfort from. The ones where he felt at home. He nodded at Mace Windu, and he nodded back. Mace rose his lightsaber and Anakin closed his eyes.

Anakin heard a cry of pain and then silence. He slowly opened one eye and saw the lifeless, and headless, body of Chancellor Palpatine.

Anakin and Mace were both breathing heavily, "Are you okay?" Skywalker asked.

"No. But I'll survive,"

Anakin nodded and extinguished his lightsaber. He felt weak in the knees and sick to his stomach. He hoped Mace was feeling better than him, but then again he said 'no' and that he wasn't alright. Anakin out his com to his lips, "Rex, you there?"

No answer.

"Rex come in."

Still no answer.

"Helloooo anyone there?"

Nothing.

"We need to get back to my ship." Anakin said with anticipation.

Mace stepped of the window sill and walked over to Anakin, "I see your Captain is following in your footsteps,"

"What do you mean?"

"You never answer your com calls,"

And with that, they walked out and Mace, for once, smirked at young Skywalker.