Better Days

"Ahsoka!!"

"Master! Help!"Ahsoka was caught under two large slabs of the stone ceiling. She reached out with one hand, trying to get Anakin to pull her out. Anakin ran over to her and grabbed a hold of her wrist. He pulled and, at the same time, used the Force to lift the slabs off her. It was difficult, but she slid forward a bit. That was when the excruciating pain coursed through her body, gritting her teeth, she cried and shouted out in pain.

"Ahsoka,"

Ahsoka shot up like a rocket and breathed heavy. She felt someone place a firm, yet gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, it was just a dream," came a soothing voice.

She snapped back into reality and blinked a few times to fully grasp where she was. She looked up at the person sitting in front of her on the bed. She sighed a breath of relief when she saw Rex. She swallowed hard, "It felt so real," and exhaled sharply.

He slid his hands to her forearms, "Are you okay?"

She nodded, "Yeah," and she pulled him into a hug, "I'm much better now," she chuckled.

Rex pulled away and gave her a quick kiss on the lips, "Are you up for walking around? Or do you wanna stay in bed?"

"If I stay in bed, would you be with me?"

Rex chuckled, "I would love to, but I have other things I need to do,"

Ahsoka stuck out her bottom lip like an upset baby, "Pleaseeee,"

He smiled at her, "I can't- oh please, no. No, don't do that," she started to give him puppy eyes and he turned his head so he wouldn't give in, "'Soka,"

"Yes?"

"I have to go now," he took a quick glance and her and saw her mouth curve into a smile. "What?"

"Can I come with? I've just been so bored lately,"

"Fine. But if you don't feel up to it, you don't have to," Ahsoka nodded and she stood up. Rex got up as well and put his arm around her, "I'm serious," he said, "If you feel even remotely nauseous, dizzy, whatever, you need to go to the Med Bay or get me. Okay?"

"Rex, I'll be fine. Promise,"

"All right,"

He walked over to where he had his helmet. He got up earlier than Ahsoka, so he was already ready. Ahsoka quickly changed and got prepared for the day.

She nodded at Rex and walked over to him as he tuck his helmet under his arm. They walked out of the room together and he constantly had one eye on her just in case. He was still incredibly on edge when it came to her health. He always made sure she was in his peripheral vision in case she'd get dizzy and would need an arm for support. She was recovering, and she doing well, all thing considered. But he still wasn't totally convinced.

"Are you sure you're all right?" He asked for what felt like the millionth time.

"Rex, I am. I know you're looking out for me, but it's getting a bit annoying being asked that so many times,"

"I know, and I'm sorry. I'd believe if I hadn't dome the same exact thing,"

"What do you mean?" She rose a face marking.

He sighed, "Remember that time after I came back from Umbara, and you asked if I was okay after that whole ordeal?" She nodded in response. "Well I wasn't fine, I lied. I didn't want you on my case or worrying about me,"

She nodded and stopped walking. She turned to him, "Good to know. But that's not what I'm doing,"

They both turned to enter a room and her head started to thump and pulse loudly. There was a low rumbling sound and her heart rate skyrocketed. Ahsoka tried to calm herself down but it wasn't working. She frantically, yet subtly, looked around as Rex stepped in front of her and opened the door. Gasping sharply, she put a hand to her brow line when she saw the walls start to crack and cave in. Rex whipped around and got to her quickly, "Ahsoka, what's wrong?!" He dropped his helmet.