Trying to Escape

I know this is random, but what do y'all think about my Ahsoka drawing above? Took me shorter than I thought, only about 30-45 minutes. Anyway, back to the story....

Rex and Domino made it back to Ahsoka's quarters. Rex put in a special passcode lock from the inside, that way if anyone tried to bypass it, it wouldn't work. Ahsoka was the only one who could open it. Rex walked over to her bed and crouched down. He reached under and pulled out a box filled with things.

"What is that?" Dom asked.

"It's extra supplies like weapons, medkits, and rations," Rex replied.

"Oh. How did you know this was here,"

"Uhh, it's a long story that we don't have time for. We need to be ready for when Ahsoka comes,"

"Yes, sir,"

Rex reloaded his DC-17 pistol and grabbed a second one for him. He tossed a blaster over to Domino, and pulled out two ration bars. He got and walked over to a wall. He sat down and leaned up against it, motioning for Domino to sit next to him. Dom obeyed and sat crisscross next to Rex. Rex handed him a ration bar, "You'll need your strength," he said.

Domino just nodded and took the bar. He started to take small nibbles of the dry and tasteless ration bar, "How are we going to escape, sir?"

Rex sighed, "I'm not sure. We just need to put one foot in front of the other. But we have to at least get to the bridge and set a course for a place for us to land safely and deal with the chips. Except, I'm not sure how to deal with them..."

They sat in silence for a bit when there was an announcement on the emergency channel on Rex's wrist comlink. A clones voice called out, "Maul has escaped! I repeat Maul has escaped! He's heading to- ahhhh-"

The clone's call was ended with his painful screaming. Rex quickly turned off his com so they wouldn't have listen to the screams of his brothers. Realization was now sinking in. What if they couldn't rescue all the clones? What if they all died? But he couldn't think of that now, his first goal was to land the cruiser, maybe even try to contact help. But the clones disabled the Jedi com numbers. Rex had an idea. He put in an emergency number into his com and waited for an answer.

"Cody here. Is everything okay?"

Rex sighed in relief, "Cody, it's Rex, look something is happening which I'm sure your aware of. I don't have much time to talk, but you need to contact Kenobi, make sure he's okay. Contact the Coruscant Guard and have Fox, Thorn, and Thire try to figure out why the chips are suddenly doing this."

There was a small pause, "Okay will do, Rex. How about you? Are you and Ahsoka fine?"

"Yeah, we're fine. I'm going to send you the coordinates to where I'm planning to land-" The door made a noise like someone was trying to break in, "Codes, I gotta go," Rex hang up without waiting for Cody to answer.

He and Domino quickly stood up and set the blasters to stun. The door opened and Ahsoka appeared at the doorway, "We need to go," she said motioning to the halls.

They put their blasters down and walked over to her. Rex spoke up, "We need to get to the bridge."

"Alright then let's go,"

They headed out and ran through the hallways, stunning some clones along the way. Rex's stomach suddenly turned and he felt like he was going to throw up. When they rounded a corner, there was scarlet blood everywhere; dripping from the ceiling and running down the wall. Dead clones were laying on the ground and some were even chopped in half with large metal plates next to them. One was stuck in the wall with a metal pole through his abdomen. Ahsoka put a hand to her mouth at the gruesome scene. She could sense the discomfort, sadness, and anger radiating off both Rex and Domino. Domino almost threw up, but he pushed it down, not wanting to puke in his helmet. Rex put a hand on his shoulder and said with a soft voice, "We need to keep moving,"

The young clone nodded and they carefully stepped around the pools of blood and dead clones. They took some sighs of relief as they passed that horror scene. Ahsoka lead the way to the bridge, constantly looking back at them to make sure everyone was okay. After a while, they made it to the bridge and Rex fired a few shots at the men at the controls, making them fall to the ground unconscious.

They all went in and Rex to the controls while Domino locked the door. Rex was about to input coordinates when the whole cruiser lurched, causing them all the fall to the ground. An alarm went off and red lights started flashing. Rex groaned as he got up, he landed and his bad shoulder, so it started to hurt badly.

"What was that?" Domino said as he helped Ahsoka up.

"Well Maul escaped so anything is possible with him loose," Rex stated.

"Maul didn't escape," Ahsoka said, "I let him out,"

Rex felt something pull at his heart, "What? Why?" His voice was so close to breaking.

"I needed to cause a diversion,"

Rex turned to Domino and said quietly, "That's one word for it,"

Ahsoka ignored his comment and focused on why alarms went off. But she soon figured it out when she saw the blue and white of the hyperspace fade away, "The hyperspace is destroyed,"

"What do you mean it's destroyed?" Rex asked.

"It's completely gone, Rex. I'm assuming from Maul,"

Rex took off his helmet and placed it on a control panel. He rubbed his sore shoulder and started to think. With the hyperspace destroyed, they couldn't get to the proper landing place, and Cody would be in the wrong place as well. There weren't too many clones on board, well, less than normal, but there was still a lot. So maybe they could remove as many chips as possible. No, that wouldn't work, it's not very realistic. Rex decided to try and call Cody again. He put in that emergency number and waited for his brother's answer.

"Rex?" Cody's voice came through a bit spotty.

"Yeah, Cody. So hyperspace is destroyed, what do we do?" Rex said.

"Where are you?"

Rex leaned over, " 'Soka where are we?" Ahsoka leaned over to him and grabbed his wrist. She put in the coordinates in his wrist com and sent it over to Cody, "Thanks," he whispered. "Alright Cody did you get it?"

"Yep. I'm sending out a unit now. I contacted Obi-Wan and he said that they are fine... well I guess besides what's happening now. Is there anything you can do at the moment? Any ships in the hanger you can escape in?"

Rex looked around the hangar, "None that are usable. They're all either destroyed from Mandalor or the other clones ended up destroying them. For once I hate that they're so smart,"

Cody chuckled over the com, "They got that from you, you know? Hey, uh, look I have to go, sorry. I need to go with Wolffe to come and get you all."

Rex sighed, "Alright, well I'll see you then. Good luck with Wolffe by the way,"

"Yeah whatever,"

Cody hung up over the com and Rex smiled at his brother's attitude. But that smile soon faded away when he saw Darth Maul enter the hangar, looking for a ship to escape in.