Escape

So to clear some of the air and confusion, maybe even to answer some questions, this fic isn't really going to match up with the Star Wars timeline. I'm also writing mainly for fun, and because there's not too many Rexsoka fics out there. More to the point, some things may be inaccurate, so I apologize for that. Lastly, I'm making this up as I go (I know it's not the best thing to do but I'm doing it anyway haha) so it may feel rushed and things, sorry in advance. Anyway, on with the story——

Rex went over to the window overlooking the hangar, "We need to stop him,"

Ahsoka was already heading out the door and Rex quickly followed behind with Domino on his heels. Rex quickly stunned some clones, creating a path for them. They made it to the hangar and Ahsoka ignited her lightsabers and held them behind her. She sprinted over to the direction of Maul. He spotted her and then the hangar started to flood with the controlled clones. Rex and Domino were to busy to help Ahsoka.

Maul through large metal crates and her with the Force and growled, "You wanted this chaos!"

Ahsoka easily dodged and leapt over them. She reached forward with her lightsaber and almost lopped off Maul's head from his neck. He yelped as he jumped back and pushed Ahsoka away with the Force. He clutched his throat for a split second thinking about how as his life could've ended so quickly right then and there. He turned around and started scouring the hangar for some sort of usable ship.

Ahsoka was flying through the air trying to control where she was going. She felt a hand grip her hers and pull her to the ground. She looked at the person and saw Rex was shooting stun rounds with one hand and holding hers with the other. He must've grabbed her and pulled her down hard to stop her decent. He wasn't even looking at her, just dodging the blaster bolts and firing his stun rounds was all he was doing. Ahsoka stood up and re ignited her lightsabers then stood in front of Rex as she blocked and he fired.

Domino was doing his best to keep up the pace with his Captain and Commander, but he was a rookie so he was finding to difficult to do. He turned around and saw Maul going to a ship that was worn down, but in decent shape, "He's getting away!" Dom shouted above the blaster fires.

Ahsoka turned and cursed when she saw a ship turn on and start to levitate, so she rushed over to it as it was preparing to leave. It was about to leave the cruiser when Ahsoka reached out with the Force and stopped the ship in its tracks. She grunted as it started to pull her towards it, sliding on her feet. Rex ran over to her and grabbed her arm. His hand slid so that he was grabbing his wrist, and she his. Rex continued to fire his shots when he nearly released her wrist on accident. He turned his head and saw she was still focused on Maul trying to escape. Ahsoka couldn't hold on to the ship much longer, as it continued to pull her in the direction of it. Rex suddenly lost his grip and let go, so Ahsoka was flung forward and slid on her knees and one hand. She collected herself and continued to pull at the ship with the Force. Rex felt a burning pain in his left thigh, so he looked down and saw a blaster blot grazed him, "Can't hold them much longer!" Rex shouted.

Ahsoka closed her eyes and called on the Force for help. She jerked her hands down which made Maul's small ship slam into the floor which caused some ear piercing screeches from the metal on contact with the ground. Rex winced at the sound but continued to fire with Domino at his side. Ahsoka was breathing heavily and she rushed over to the cockpit, Maul suddenly jumped out and landed on top of the ship. He then leapt from there and in front of Rex and Domino with his back to them, using the Force, he pushed all the chip controlled clones back. They slammed into walls with bone crunching cracks. They rest that were still standing, he threw large crates at them knocking them down, other quickly backed away, not wanted to die from this monster. Rex was stunned, Maul just massacred so many men. He set his blaster to the kill setting, but Maul turned around quickly, sensing Rex's thoughts.

Ahsoka ran full force at Maul with her lightsabers ignited, but he pushed her into his ship with the Force. Rex felt his heart skip a beat and he felt sick. He aimed at Maul and tried to pull the trigger, but he physically couldn't. Rex couldn't move his body either, that's when he noticed Domino in the air, gasping for oxygen and kicking his legs. Rex started to hyperventilate as he felt very claustrophobic and like he could do nothing. His arm moved on its own, making his blaster aim at Domino.

Rex fought with all his might, but Maul was too strong, "No, no, no...." he kept mumbling and fighting hard. He closed his eyes tightly and nearly broke down when his blaster fired. He didn't dare open his eyes, but he heard a body drop to the ground with a thud. Rex felt him in control of his body and he fell to his knees. His mouth was dry and he had that nagging tightness in throat. He shakily got up and walked over to Domino, not caring that Maul was standing right there, "Domino." Rex saw a smoking blaster hole through the young clone's chest, "No...." he lowered his head.

A new fury erupted in Ahsoka as she got up. She used the Force and lifted Maul into the air, throwing him with all her might into the nearest wall, causing him to yell and grunt as he hit it. She lifted him higher in the air again and slammed him into the floor, which made Maul curse in pain. The next thing they knew, gunships and small fighters came into the hangar, pouring out the older clones. Cody jumped out of the gunship he was in, along with Wolffe and Bly, and they set their blasters to stun too. Cody motioned for Ahsoka and Rex to get into the gunships. The commanders fired at the clones with the help of the unaffected clones.

Rex nearly collapsed when he got into the gunship, he saw Ahsoka wasn't faring any better, with multiple wounds and some blood stained clothes. Kix told Hawk fo get moving and get them out of this cruiser. The gunship went through the shield and entered the void of space, heading towards another cruiser.

Kix quickly worked on Ahsoka, and since Rex had seen Kix do his job many times, he was able to clean his wounds while Kix was working on Ahsoka. Rex had most of his armor off and felt very insecure and vulnerable in his blacks. But he pushed those feeling back and started to clean up his thigh where a bolt grazed him. He winced as he lightly touched down on it with some gauze and an antibacterial liquid. Rex couldn't help as he let a few tears slip, he had just killed his own brother. Kix glanced behind Ahsoka and saw Rex quickly wipe away the few tears, leaving streaks on his dirtied face where they were. Kix couldn't believe it, Rex never cries, and this whole couldn't be happening, could it? He just hoped it was a nightmare that would end soon.