Back to Coruscant

With permission from Kix, Ahsoka and Rex, along with Annalex, were in a small ship to take the young Togruta back to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Inside the ship, Rex was tapping the console impatiently. Ahsoka glared at him and he instantly stopped. He turned his attention to look out the viewport and watch the swirling colors of hyperspace.

"We need to talk." Ahsoka said sternly.

Immediately, Rex thought back to every single bad thing he did in his life. His stomach tightened on its own, now he was very nervous. He turned to face her, "About what?" To be honest, he didn't want to know.

"I've been think about something. I think that I could make a better convor than you." She said with a straight face.

"I-I'm sorry. What?"

"You heard me." She looked over at him.

Rex crossed his arms, "Now, what makes you think you'd be a better convor. I think I'd obviously be the superior one."

"Nuh-uh, b'cause you don't like to eat insects. Convorees eat bugs, so therefore, you would inferior."

"But you don't like rodents, and they eat rodents too. Plus, they're mostly gold and brown, and that's like my skin and hair." He defended.

"But they like jungle habitats, and you're used to water, water, and more water. And I think the fact that I am close to a convor would make me a much better one than you."

"How 'bout we agree to disagree."

"Fine.... but I'd still be a better convor."

"....why are you so strange?"

Ahsoka half-laughed, "You're the one who married me."

"Uh, no. Technically I asked you, and you accepted. So you married me."

"Oh, hush." She said and Rex snorted. "All right, we're coming out of hyperspace, you go check on Annalex."

It was crazy how moods could change in the blink of an eye, but that was normal during times like these. He stood up from his chair and headed into the room where Annalex was. The door opened and she was sitting on the floor, crisscross. She looked up at him and smiled, "Hi," she said softly.

"Hi. You doin' okay?"

She nodded.

"Good. We're coming up on Coruscant, so you'll be back where you belong in no time. But, what I don't understand is a why you left in the first place. So why did you?" She stared up at him and didn't say a word. Rex sighed, "Look, kid, if you want help you gonna have to talk to me. Even if it's two words. So, please, give me an answer."

Annalex blinked a few times, "....I don't like it dere," she said softly.

"T-H, ad'ika, 'there'. Can you say the T-H? Never mind that's not important at the moment. Why don't you like it there?"

"I just don't." Her voice was small.

"M'Kay, well, let's go see Ahsoka." He motioned with his head to the cockpit and figured that would be pretty much all he could get out of Annalex.

She stood up and straightened out her clothes, then walked over to Rex and grabbed a hold of his fingers as she went down to the cockpit. Ahsoka heard them coming so she looked over her shoulder, "We'll be at the Temple in a bit, so you should get seated and strapped in."

Once the ship touched ground on a platform, everyone unbuckled and Ahsoka turned in her chair, "All right, so, Rex, I think it would be best if I went in alone with Annalex. You can go walked around Coruscant if you'd like since I could be while in there. Or you could go see some of the Coruscant Guard.  It's up to you, really. But I will try and find out what she doesn't like about the Temple. It might not be significant, but then again she ran away, so...."