The Briefing

The next morning, Ahsoka rolled over in bed and watched as Rex slept. She watched as his chest steadily would rise and fall, and she listened to his soft snoring which was a tell-tale sign he was truly asleep. She carefully grabbed his hand and flipped it over so his palm was facing upward. She felt his rough callouses at the base of his fingers, and she traced random patterns into his palm. Both of them jolted when the alarm on his chrono beeped loudly. Rex's eyes flashed open and he quickly shut it off to get rid of the aggravating beeps. He muttered some incoherent words in a mix of Mando'a, Basic, and other languages she couldn't place.

"Mornin'" she said with an amused face.

"Ugh. 'Morning" he rolled over so that his back was facing her, "I'm going back to sleep,"

"Rex no, we have to get up," Ahsoka said as she sat up.

He just grunted and pulled the sheets over his bare shoulders, "No,"

"Fine," she got out of bed and whipped the covers off him.

He let out a muffled yelp and he curled into the fetal position, "Noo it's cold," he whined, "Give 'em back,"

"You're already waking up at the latest time possible, d'bhem. You need to get up so you won't be late for this morning,"

Rex groaned, "Fine," Ahsoka smirked at his moodiness. He got out of bed and rubbed his arms to warm them up. He trudged over to her and held out his hand, "Can I have my shirt back?" he asked

Ahsoka looked down at the shirt she was wearing and remembered stealing it from him last night. "No. I like it. It's big and baggy, plus it's comfy,"

"Yes but I'm cold. Can I please have it back?"

"But you have tons of shirts—," she gasped,
"Rex!" And she crossed her arms.

He was confused, "What?"

"You just wanna see me without a this on," Ahsoka accused.

"What?," he felt his cheeks get hot and he looked down at his feet, "N-no that's not what I meant—," he slowly looked up, "....Although.... now that you mention it..."

She playfully scoffed and got up close to him. She stood on her tippy toes and Rex put his hands on her hips. She was now almost eye level with him, and she wanted to kiss him, but knew she and him both had morning breath, so she opted for his forehead. She pressed down on his shoulders, "Go lower," Instead, Rex slowly got to his tiptoes as well and smirked down at her. She gave him a look, "That's not what I meant, ya nut,"

"What?" Rex chuckled, "'nut?' Heh, that's a knew one,"

She shook her head and jumped slightly to give him a quick kiss on the forehead. Her feet touched the ground again and she looked him in the eye while starting to trace random patterns on his chest. He came off his tippy toes and she slowly slid her finger down to trace the line that formed his abs. Rex sucked in his stomach just a tad, not wanting to show he was ticklish, but what he did was involuntary.

Ahsoka noticed his flinch and she looked down at his stomach. Instead of using one finger, she used four and started at the top of his abs and raked them down to the waistband of his pants. He couldn't help but let a small sound escape his lips, causing him to slightly cringe at the noise he made and he stepped away, "I... should go get ready," and he turned on his heel and walked over to where he had his blacks and armor.

Ahsoka smirked, "Oh now you want to get dressed?"

"Well I don't wanna be late..."