Crash

Anakin had decided to give Ahsoka full control of the cruiser she was on. Only she and Rex and the crew plus troops were on it, while he and the others were on a separate cruiser.

"I hope we don't run into Death Watch," Ahsoka said to Rex.

They were both staring out the viewport in the bridge watching the blue and white streaks of hyperspace. It was easy to get lost in your own thoughts while watching all the swirls and listening to the silence.

"Yeah, me too," he agreed. "All right, well," he turned to her, "I should get the men ready, we'll be coming out of light speed soon,"

She nodded, "Okay," and she watched as he walked out of the bridge and she sighed to herself.

It was strangely peaceful in the bridge. The occasional clack and small beeps were typically the only sounds when all there was to do was sit around. The streaks quickly faded away and turned into the little white dots. They approached the white planet of Carlac, bringing back memories of when she— No. Don't. It's in the past, focus on the present.

The people in the bridge started to talk amongst themselves about the landing and deploying the shuttles, so she decided to head down to where all the clones were and to get ready for the cold that was to come. She left the bridge and chose to head to her quarters to pick up her things.

She neared her room and gasped. Something was wrong, she felt it. She swiftly pulled up her comm and entered Rex's number, "Rex, come in,"

"Ahsoka," he sounded out of breath.

"Something's happened—,"

"Yeah, I know. Listen to me, do not go down towards the barracks,"

She grimaced, oops. She turned around and jogged away from her room, "Why?"

"Do you have a gas mask of some sort?"

"I'm sure I can find one. What's going on, Rex, you're scaring me,"

"Some one got into the ventilation or something and made it so that something harmful has been released into the air of the cruiser. It's already killed more clones than I can count. Get a filtration mask, respirator, whatever, and meet me in the bridge. Hopefully it hasn't reached there yet. I'll contact Skywalker, just quickly get the protection you need,"

Ahsoka breathed heavy, "Copy that. Be safe,"

"You too," the line disconnected.

Mask. The Med Bay. She covered her nose and mouth with her hands and bolted to the Med Bay. She didn't know what the gas was or how quickly it affected people, or Togrutas for that matter. She didn't know anything except to get a mask. She made it to the bay and entered a room. Ahsoka rummaged through a bunch of drawers. Where is it, where is it? She thought to herself. Bingo. She found one. She pulled it out and strapped it around her face, turning on the small, holdable tank. Oxygen filled the mask and she inhaled, hoping she got to it in time.

Now Ahsoka needed to go to the bridge. Back the way she came. She started to run and look around too, hoping to see any clones or someone. But the halls were empty. Strange.

She finally made it to the bridge and she opened up the door. Rex was standing in the middle of the area and he turned around, letting out an audible sigh of relief. She jogged up to him, but then gasped when she fully took a look around, "Oh no," her voice was muffled through the mask. Everyone on the bridge was dead except for them. "Anakin?" She asked.

Rex shook his head, "I tried, but someone took out the transmitters, everything..... and Skywalker and them are no where to be seen. At least, with my eyes and HUD,"