The Party

*On Onderon*

Padmé and Rex left before Anakin and Ahsoka, so they decided to just go to the party Lux was hosting. It was in a very large palace and there were two big men stationed at the doors. People were already there and were lined up, entering the building one at a time.

Rex and Padmé got into the line and it was moving at a snail's pace. After what felt like forever, they finally made it to the doors. Rex let the Senator go first and she showed her invitation to one of the men. The guy scanned her for whatever reason, Rex didn't understand since he'd never been to one of these things before. Padmé went inside and he just copied what she did. He showed the invitation card and he got scanned. He was good to go and he walked inside.

It was a gigantic room with crystal chandeliers hanging from the high ceiling. The room was open and it was roughly the size of an open warehouse, but much more sophisticated. There was a dance floor set up, tables with foods and drinks, and a bunch of activities. Rex felt lost so he just did what he was trained to do and he followed Padmé around, being her 'bodyguard.'

Padmé tried to involve Rex in conversations, but she soon realized he did not understand politics. So she led him over to a food table, "Here. Try this," she put what looked like a a tiny crustacean (sort of like a really big shrimp) on a small plate.

He took it from her and looked at it confused. How in the galaxy does anyone eat these things? They look like kriffing bugs.

"Thanks, but no thanks Senator. I'm not hungry," Rex said, but the truth was, he was lying and he actually was slightly hungry.

"Just because you don't know what it is, doesn't mean you can't try it. Come,"

She grabbed a plate of the same food for herself and walked over to a small table and sat down. Rex sat across from her and stared at the thing on his plate. He watched as Padmé peeled off its outer layer with a weird fascination. He mimicked what she did and now he was left with the 'bug' but it was squishy instead of hard. Gross.

"Now eat it," she said.

"The whole thing?" Rex questioned.

"Well, yes. But you don't have to eat the tail. Just take a small bite. Anakin really likes these, so he'll be excited they're here,"

Rex was about to pick it up but he felt a pair of hands on his shoulders. He turned his head and smiled when he saw Ahsoka. She gave him a kiss on the cheek from behind and he blushed, " 'Soka not here,"

"Oh come on,"

She moved so that she was standing next to him and Anakin came over to Padmé. Rex stood up from his chair and led Ahsoka away from the other couple.

"Where're we going?" She asked.

"I don't know. Just somewhere where I can get away from all this political talk. By the way, have you see— Damn okay don't turn around,"

"What? Why?"

"...Lux," he whispered.

"Uh oh. Quick, take me to the dance floor,"

Rex nodded and was about to take her there when Lux spotted them. He walked over to them, "Ahsoka!"

"Shit," Rex muttered. He calmed himself down and turned around to be face to face with Bonteri.

Ahsoka turned around too, "Hello, Lux," she tried to act nice.

Lux held out a hand, "Would you like to dance?"

"A-actually I was um... going to go talk with Senator Amidala," She tried to avoid him.

"Oh. Well let's just do one quick dance, that's all,"