Affection

Cody felt himself lying in a bed and the sound of a monitor was beeping steadily in his left ear. He cracked his eyes open just a little bit and expected to be in a bright room, but all the lights were dimmed fortunately. He sleepily opened his eyes slowly and took a lazy look around. It was a small medical room and empty as well. He sighed and tried to focus on what happened, but that annoying steady beep was driving him to insanity.

Cody remembered Kamino, but what about it? His mind was still foggy as ever and his aching didn't help. He licked his chapped lips and rubbed his fingers together subconsciously and realized they were slimy; bacta. He figured the injuries he had were more on the severe side, and he wondered how long he'd been out of it. The metal door slid open with a hiss and Rex appeared in the doorway. He inhaled sharply, "Oh my-," he got to Cody's bedside, "Okay that's the last time your doing that,"

Cody raised an eyebrow, "Doing what?" He wouldn't look at Rex since he knew his expression was probably an angry one.

"Nearly dying. It's not like you had three Jedi force healing you and then going into surgery and then being dunked in a bacta tank," he sarcastically said.

"Oh. So that's why my fingers were slimy," he looked up at Rex.

"Really? That's what you— okay," he took a calming breath, "Do you remember what happened?"

"Uh no. Do you have a wipe?"

Rex nodded and pulled out a small pack of wipes from a pocket in his utility belt and handed a sheet to Cody.

"Thanks,"

Rex grunted in response, "So to jog your memory, you remember the whole Kamino thing, right?"

Cody was wiping off his fingers and getting the worst of the leftover bacta off, "Yeah I remember that. I can only recall rushing into a hall and there was a crap ton of clones there. That's where the memory cuts off,"

"That's most likely because after that moment a bomb went off. It destroyed most of the space there and the clones as well," Rex shuddered at the thought of seeing the burnt bodies again.

"Oh. Oh. Yeah it's starting to come back to me,"

"That's good,"

"Yeah, I don't have brain damage,"

"Well....." Rex rocked his head side to side.

Cody scoffed, "Wow, that's just mean," he said with a small smile.

"I know. Okay since you're fine, I can go now right?" Rex took some steps towards the door, "You don't need anything?"

"No. But did we do it?"

He smirked, "Yeah. Yeah we did it,"

Cody sighed with relief, "Thank the Force."

Rex nodded and walked over to the doorway and put a hand to the door frame and turned his head, "Get better, okay?"

"I will,"

Rex walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. He smirked to himself, glad his brother was okay. But then he frowned at the amount of paperwork he'd have to do and the amount of letters he'd have to write to his brothers who lost their buddies. That was always the part he dreaded; writing the letters to a clone saying that their best friend/partner/buddy died in battle. It was something he'd do often, and it never got any easier.

Ahsoka rubbed her bandaged arm. It itched badly and there was no way to get rid of it. She wondered how Rex was doing. He too got shot, yet he acted like nothing ever happened. Sure, he's been shot loads of times, but that doesn't make the pain go away.

She walked around her private quarters and sat down on the edge of her bed. She sighed and leaned back and stared at the ceiling. She was bored, and she really did not want to do any paperwork. Her door opened and Ahsoka sat up and she smiled. Rex appeared in the doorway and walked inside her room. He sat down next to her put a hand to the top of her thigh, "How're you?" He asked.

"I'm doing good. How's Cody?"

"He's recovering. He woke up and he's talking and stuff,"

Ahsoka nodded and Rex moved his hand and pulled her into a side hug. She leaned into him and looked up into his eyes. He looked back at her and she gave him a quick kiss to a scratch that was on his jawline. Rex looked at Ahsoka and smirked at her. He leaned backwards so that he was laying down and she laid down next to him.

"Mmm, Rex, your armor is very uncomfortable to be leaning next to," she said.

Rex chuckled, "Sorry. Should I take it off?"

"Yeah you should,"

He removed his arm from around Ahsoka and sat up. He stood up and started to take off his arm armor when she got up to him and placed a kiss to his lips. She moved her hands up to where his chest plate clipped together and she unclipped it. It fell to the floor with a loud clunk and and she helped him take off the top half of his armor.

As soon as that armor was off, Ahsoka pushed Rex onto her bed and got on top of him. She kissed him and Rex deepened the kiss. She let out a sound of pleasure which him smile. Ahsoka untucked his shirt from his pants and stuck her hands inside it. She felt his solid abdominal muscles and he shivered at her cold touch. Rex broke the kiss and took off his shirt, which made Ahsoka start to kiss his collarbone. She nibbled a little and accidentally nicked his skin with her fangs, causing him to bleed just a little bit. He didn't feel it though, he was too distracted by her love to realize it.

She froze when she tasted something metallic, and she smirked to herself. Oops. But she shrugged it off and then gasped in surprise when their position flipped. Rex rolled over so that he was now on top and Ahsoka was up against the bed. She looked at him seductively, causing him to blush and, for once, be grateful he had the bottom half of his armor on, otherwise it would be a weird situation. He ignored the butterflies in his stomach and swooped in a kiss to her lips.

Rex moved down to her jaw then to her neck. He pushed her right lek out of the way and frowned when all he kissed was fabric. He pushed down her turtleneck, but it didn't give him much access so he did a mix of a sigh and a groan. Ahsoka chuckled, "Are you struggling?"

"Well what's with the change of clothes? You normally don't have your neck covered up,"

"Yeah well maybe I'm wearing this because you keep leaving marks on me,"

"Oh. I didn't think of that,"

"Uh huh, clearly. I just don't want Anakin seeing them, ooh he'd kill you,"

Rex gave her a 'really?' look and Ahsoka smiled and put her hands to the bottom of her shirt when his com went off. He grumbled a few swear words in Mando'a, causing her to slap his chest with the back of her hand, "What have I been telling you?" Rex scoffed and was about to speak when Ahsoka cut him off, "Ah ah, what did I say,"

"To cut back on the cusses," Rex mumbled.

"Good. Now answer your com,"

Rex made a face but got off her and grabbed his com from off the floor, "Rex here," he said into it.

"Ah, finally," Anakin's voice came through, "Hey look, there's someone here to see Ahsoka and I figured you'd want to be with her while they talk. He's here to discuss you clones and political stuff,"

" 'He?' Who is 'he?' "

"..... Lux Bonteri,"