The Cabin

The cabin was smaller than they had thought, it was good enough. Rex put his hands to either side of his face and pressed against a window, looking through where the curtains were parted. He looked around as much as he could and turned to Ahsoka, "There looks to be a tiny furnace, a bunk, and that's all I could see. But it doesn't look like anyone's here,"

"It'll do. It's getting night again, so I'm glad we found this," Ahsoka said.

Rex nodded and walked up to the door. He took a step back and pivoted on the ball of his foot, about to kick the door down when Ahsoka stopped him, "Rex! Someone owns this place. You can't just break down the door," she said with her arms crossed.

"You got a better idea?"

"Yes. The windows might be unlocked,"

"I tried. They're locked,"

She thought for a moment, "...Stay here. Don't break the door down,"

Ahsoka walked around the cabin and Rex tapped his foot impatiently. He wondered what she was doing. Maybe he should just kick it down. No, she said not to. His ears and nose were getting cold, so he grabbed his helmet, about to put it on when Ahsoka came back.

She looked at him with a  smile and she was holding up a key.

"Wha- where'd you get that?"

"There was an outhouse and this was inside it,"

How she knew where to look, Rex would never know. Ahsoka stuck it in the lock and unlocked the door. She carefully opened it up and peered inside. She walked all the way in and looked around. Like Rex had said, there was a bunk and a furnace. There was also a small stove with cabinets and a little table with two chairs. Rex smirked when he saw cabinets. He walked past Ahsoka and opened them up.

Ahsoka closed the door and took off her coat. She hung it on the hook that was on the door and then went over to the bunk bed, "I call top," she said over her shoulder. She heard a crunching sound so she turned around and saw Rex holding a tin in one hand, and with the other he was stuffing his face with cookies.

He looked at her, "What?" He said with a mouthful. His grin was contagious and she walked over to take one. "Nuh-uh," he turned his back towards her and swallowed, "Mine," he reached into the tin again and Ahsoka used the Force to pull the cookie out of his hand. Rex turned around, "Hey!"

She gave him a playful smirk and shoved the entire cookie in her mouth. It was better than she thought. It was very sweet, but not too sweet. She quickly swallowed it and snatched the tin out of Rex's hand, "You need substantial food, not sweets." She set it on the table and grabbed the latern that was on it.

Rex raised an eyebrow, "Who uses gas powered lanterns nowadays?"

"Whoever lives here, I guess," she looked around, "Ah," she walked over to a counter and grabbed a small fuel can. "This'll make the lantern work,"

"Uhh. Shouldn't you use the light outside?"

"Yes. I heard a creek nearby and figured I could use the buckets by the door and collect water. Didn't wanna do it in the dark,"

"How far away is the crick? I don't want you getting lost,"

"Okay, first of all, it's 'creek' not 'crick.' Second, I won't get lost. Now get the furnace powered up, it's cold in here,"

Rex nodded and grabbed an arm full of wood that was near it while she powered up the lantern. She walked over to the door and pulled her coat back on, "I'll be back," she grabbed two buckets and walked out the door.

Outside, it was colder than it was the night before, so Ahsoka was grateful for the cabin. It wasn't very big, but it was definitely better than being stuck in a tight sleeping bag getting elbowed or knee'd every two seconds. She made it to the creek and set the lantern on the ground. She filled up the pails and then realized she'd have to carry all three things. She sighed and carried a bucket and the lantern in one hand while having the other carry the other bucket. She hobbled through the snow and was at the back corner of the cabin.