Highs and Lows

Ahsoka sighed heavily and trudged into Rex's quarters. She had just gotten back from the grueling space battle and just needed a small break before going to the 'fresher to clean up. She open the door and Rex was already sprawled out on his bed, armor on and everything. She closed the door. "Hey."

Rex instantly perked up and he groaned slightly as he sat up and got out of bed. He walked over to her and Ahsoka smiled. "You're a hot mess, sweetheart." She said as she ruffled his dusty hair.

"Heh. 'Hot.'"

"You're delusional."

"Ugh, sorry. I'm exhausted, yet I can't fall asleep. And I was going to wash up as soon as I got here... but I was really tired."

"I don't..." she shook her head. "You can tell me all the details later."

Ahsoka put her hands on either side of his face and pulled him into a deep kiss. Rex put his arms tightly around her like a comforting fortress, but she pushed him away. "Wow, you stink. And you taste like dirt and blood."

Rex licked his lips. "I don't taste anything."

"That's 'cause you've burnt off all your tastebuds from the boiling hot caf you drink on a regular basis."

He snickered. "'Hot.'"

"What's is wrong with you?"

Rex let out a small laugh. "I'm a little sleep deprived."

"...clearly. You should sleep."

He nodded and unwrapped his arms around her. He walked over his bed and was about to get on it when Ahsoka cleared her throat. "You might wanna take off your armor." She pointed out.

"Ain't nobody got time for that." He said like she had accused him.

Ahsoka rose an eyebrow. "'Ain't nobody'— whatever. Fine. Sleep in your armor and get the fresh, clean bedsheets dirty. And don't forget that the commanders, captains, and a few generals are meeting up in the training hall for a discussion about the recent battle."

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Rex started to take off his armor, specifically his shoulders pads, when he sighed and mumbled whatever and plopped onto his bed.

After his quick nap, shower, shave, and a little hair cut, Rex walked into the training hall about thirty minutes earlier than he needed to be and saw Wolffe was holding two cans of... spray paint? He didn't know what it was, so he carefully strode over to Wolffe to ask, but Wolffe walked over to Commander Bly, shaking the cans before spraying them all over Bly. Bly spluttered and waved his hands to clear the mist out of his face. "Kriff off!" He coughed.

A smell formed in the air and Rex realized that the cans were aerosol. Wolffe stopped spraying the cans and said, "Explain this: You have a blue girlfriend and now Fox does, so you're—,"

"I'm not contagious! And what about Rex? He has an orange girlfriend."

"I'm right here." Rex said. "And Ahsoka's not my girlfriend."

"He never mentioned Ahsoka." Wolffe commented. "And no one else has an orange girlfriend. Plus, Rex is right saying Ahsoka's not his girlfriend... she's his wife."

"Ay. No. She's not my wife, we're not t-together or anything. Why would you think that?" Rex's voice was slightly higher than normal.

"You have got to get better at lying, because holy osik you suck at it. The more you lie, the better you'll get at it. Believe me, I've lied more than once in front of Buir and have gotten away with it." Wolffe explained.