Relief

Cody gasped as he stood up from the bed. He had to get to Rex and tell him he was okay. Cody exited his quarters and headed over to Rex's. He reached the door and entered the password, he then lightly knocked and heard Rex say to enter. Cody opened the door and saw Rex sitting on the edge of his bed, head in hands. Rex looked up and his facial expression dropped. He slowly stood up and Cody shut the door behind him.

"Wha- How did you..." Rex started to ramble on and on and he walked up to his brother and pulled him into a big hug.

Cody hugged him back and said, "How did we get out of that hell hole?"

He let go of him, but Rex lingered for a second longer and took a few steps back, "I had to carry you," He was still awestruck that his brother survived the major injuries.

"Oh. Well, thanks. Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not. Don't ever do that to me again," Rex pointed his finger at Cody, "I haven't been that scared in a long time," his voice was shaky.

"I know, I know. And I'm sorry for that,"

"No, Cody. I'm the one who should apologize, if it weren't- if it weren't for me, you wouldn't have been in that mess,"

Cody stepped forward, "Don't blame yourself, Rex. I'm fine now, and I can go back onto the battlefield soon."

Rex slowly nodded and his door opened again, but this time Ahsoka came into the room.

She gasped loudly and said, "Cody! You're alright,"

Cody turned around and smiled and nodded, "Yes, I am."

Ahsoka gave him a quick hug and whispered in his ear, "If you pull another stunt like that again, I'll kill you," She backed away and gave him an innocent smile.

"Umm okaayy," Cody turned time Rex, "I'm going to go meet up with my men and Kenobi

Rex nodded and Cody walked out of his room. He gave a sigh as relief washed over him and wanted to leap with joy, but he refrained. Ahsoka walked up to him and placed her hand on his shoulder, she could tell that Rex was incredibly elated and that a lot of pressure was taken off his shoulders. She kissed him on the cheek and led him over to the bed. Rex laid down and took off his shirt, tossing it onto the floor. Ahsoka laid next to him and snuggled inti Rex's bare chest and breathed in his scent of the GAR soap and deodorant he uses. She started to trace random shapes and lines on his chest and she thought about how much she loved him. A shiver was sent down Rex's spine as she lightly ran her fingernail on his pec. He pulled her closer and kissed the top of her montral, and then her forehead. Ahsoka smiled up at him and wiggled out of the small embrace.

She laid next to him and saw his eyes were closed, he looked so peaceful. But now what? There was nothing to do for hours and Rex just decided to take nap. Sure, he needs one, he just had the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders, but he can't just leave her there to do nothing. Ahsoka sat up and very loudly stated, "BORED,"

Poor Rex nearly jumped out of his skin and he fell off the bed, landing with a hard thud and a grunt.

"Thank you," Ahsoka said.

Rex was still laying on the floor, rubbing his elbow, "For what?"

She peeked over the bed and looked down at him, "For entertaining me,"

Rex sighed heavily and reached up to grab a pillow off the bed. He whacked Ahsoka in the face with it and she yelped in surprise. She laughed and grabbed her pillow and threw it down on Rex, but he rolled and dodged it. Ahsoka got off the bed and Rex stood up, he backed up until he was a few feet away from a wall. Ahsoka ran and jumped up onto Rex, wrapping her legs around his waist, and her arms around his neck. She jumped with such force that Rex slammed against the wall with a quiet grunt.

She giggled, "Sorry,"

Rex didn't care, as he supported her body by placing his hands under her thighs, he started to passionately kiss her neck. He lightly nipped at her orange Togruta skin and Ahsoka let out a quiet moan. Rex smiled at the noise she let out and continued doing it, but this time she let out a quiet rumbling sound. Something like a lothcat would make when it's being pet, was she purring? Do Togruta's purr? Either way it's a cute sound.

Rex moved up her neck, trying not to leave any evidence this was happening, otherwise Anakin was have his hide. He place a peck on her cheek and looked into her piercing blue eyes. Ahsoka smiled at the look he was giving her, a mix of pure awe and love. She leaned her head forward and kissed his forehead, then his nose, and down to his lips. Ahsoka moved down and started to passionately kiss his neck, although she wasn't too careful about not leaving marks. She pulled away and slightly grimaced at the bruise that was forming. She unhooked her legs from behind Rex's back and he gently set her down.

"We should build a pillow fort," Ahsoka randomly said, she was really up close to Rex.

"Why? And I only have two pillows," He said, smirking at her idea.

"We'll use blankets. With my creativity and your smartness, we can make this work,"

"Okay,"

After about ten minutes, they had rigged up a full blanket fort on Rex's bed. Ahsoka was sitting up, and Rex was curled up next to her with his head resting on her lap. She was lightly playing with Rex's hair, and giving him head scratches. Rex was laying with his eyes closed and small shiver went through his body as Ahsoka was running her fingers through his short blond hair. Ahsoka leaned forward and kissed Rex's head. He moved so that she could lay down next to him.

They rested their foreheads together and silently took each other in. Rex moved his hand and slowly started to caress one of her leks. Ahsoka smiled and looked at him. This was the happiest she had seen him for a while, it would be even better if the war ended and everyone could back to their lives, but who knows when that will happen. At this moment, Ahsoka and Rex just focused on the positive, and rested together in a peaceful silence.