The News

Rex was humming a song as he was tidying up his private quarters. He started to add a little bit of hand motions to the song in his head. He hadn't realized Ahsoka was watching him with an amused face. He bent down to pick up a shirt that was his, and he picked it up. He went over to his bed and laid it flat just as he let out a muffled yelp. He put a hand to his mouth, hoping no one heard him.

He grumbled, "Kriffing Fluffy," he found it difficult to say 'Fluffy' while being mad. "Why are you out of the box?"

Ahsoka silently laughed, she got an idea and quickly found a place to hide from his view. She wanted to see what he would do with her spider.

Rex sighed and reached over to grab a small container, not taking his eyes off the eight-legged menace. He slowly moved it so that the open part was facing downwards. He quickly dropped it on Fluffy, trapping it in the container and he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, "Karking hate you," he pointed at the innocent spider. "Don't escape again or you'll feel the bottom of my boot-,"

"Rex,"

He gasped a breath of surprise and whipped around to see Ahsoka standing there with a hand on her hip, "Be nice. It is harmless, it won't bite, and it won't hurt you,"

Rex scoffed, "Well you don't know that. And besides, the thing is a shebs and it needs to di- Sorry. It needs to go away,"

She walked over to him and looked at him with a straight face, "You're cussing more often-,"

"Yeah I wonder why,"

She smirked and shook her head. She walked over to her spider and lifted off the container. She nudged it into her hand and it complied. Ahsoka walked back over to Rex, "See? You try,"

"Ewww, no thanks,"

"Yes. Here,"

He shook his head 'no,' but she wouldn't take that as an answer, so she grabbed his wrist and opened his hand with his palm facing up. She picked up Fluffy and placed it into Rex's hand. He slightly bent at the knees when the hairy legs touched him and he let out a small groan.

"Stay," Ahsoka commanded.

He grimaced as the spider started to move on his hand. He then gasped, "Bleaghh, take it back, take it back, take it back," he said very quickly.

She started to laugh as she picked up the spider and walked over to where it was kept. She put it away and went back to Rex, "I bet you five kisses you will be friends with Fluffy the end of the day,"

"You might as well hand over the kisses  'cause I am not being friends with it," he said.

"Mmm, sure you won't—," she was interrupted by her comm. She put it to her lips, "Yes?"

"Hey, it's Anakin. I have very important news to tell you. Are you busy?"

"Uh, no. What is it?"

"I'd rather tell you in person. And Rex, you need to come too,"

Rex became alert at the sound of his name, "Oh, uh, yes sir,"

"Meet me in the first briefing room, got it?"

"Yep. Is the news bad?"

"No. It's great news,"

"Okay, we're leaving now. Ahsoka out," she hung up and turned to Rex, "C'mon,"

Ahsoka and Rex made it to the room they needed to be in. Rex entered first and saw Cody, Obi-Wan, and Padmé in there. He walked in and went over next to his brother, and Ahsoka stood next to him.