Going Back

"Rex, I'm the real Ahsoka,"

"No, I am,"

Rex was totally confused. One moment he'd think he knew which was the real Ahsoka, but other times that thought would turn to dust from his doubt. Caelat had turned into Ahsoka, and he was convincing at it. Rex sighed, "Okay. Okay, uh, listen. You-," he pointed to the one in front of him, "-prove you're the real one,"

"Look, I swear, that's the fake," she pointed to the one behind him.

Rex turned around, "Dumb question, but is that true?"

The Ahsoka he was looking at now brushed a bit of wool from her hood out of her face, and when she did that, Rex felt that warmth he had felt earlier. His eyes went wider a tad, but he forced himself to relax. She nodded ever-so slightly and he blinked in reply. "No," she said, "It's not true," But he needed to be sure she was the one.

He turned around again, "Okay, before I get more confused, you are One," he rotated to face the one who he thought was the real Ahsoka, "And you are Two," he sighed. "All right, One, prove you're Ahsoka,"

One gave him an affectionate look, "How should I prove it? How about this: I became temporarily blind on planet Mygeeto,"

"Okay...." Rex thought for a moment before saying, "Here on Carlac, at the cabin, when did I accidentally blow the door off the furnace?" He figured they'd both know this, but he wanted to see who knew the most details, and he could also tell who was lying. Though that was proving difficult and seemed impossible at the moment.

"Hmm, let's see. It was when we had first gotten there because we needed water, so I went down to the crick and it was after that when you nearly blew up the cabin,"

Rex nodded. But something inside him flared up when he heard her say 'crick.' He thought back to Ahsoka's words ...it's 'creek' not 'crick'... He unholstered his blaster, turning around, and aimed it at the one he called 'Two', "She's the fake," he lied, hoping to convince One and catch her, or him, off guard. He took a breath and he felt that brush in the back of his mind again. He wondered if she could feel him trying to reach back, but he didn't have the Force so he doubted that was possible.

Rex whipped around and pulled the trigger. Two fell over and metamorphosed back into Caelat. He let out the breath he didn't realize he was holding and he turned to face Ahsoka. She smirked at him and quickly went up and hugged him, "I knew you got my message,"

He pulled away, "I'm glad I did. Are you okay?"

She shrugged, "Eh, little banged up, but I'll be fine,"

He nodded and turned around. Rex walked over to the down Gurlanin. Caelat was still breathing. He looked at Ahsoka and she nodded, "Put him out of his misery,"

Rex aimed his Deece at Caelat's head and pulled the trigger. He took some backwards steps away from it and holstered his pistol. He faced Ahsoka and his expression dropped, "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Why?"

"Well I'm assuming the blood stain that's on your coat isn't yours?"

She looked down and inhaled sharply, "Oh. That is mine..."

"Yeah.... here, let me carry you,"

"No, no. I can walk," she went to take a step away but struggled from the pain that was starting to emerge.

Rex put a hand on his hip, "Mm-Hm, I believe you. C'mon."

"You're injured too,"

"I'll be fine. I had my armor and blacks to protect most of me. I don't want you to bleed out," Rex didn't wait for her to respond. He scooped her up and lifted her bridal style, "Keep pressure on the wound,"