Survivor

Rex was inside of a bacta tank and it was almost time for him to leave it thank the Force. For the past hour or so, he struggled to stay calm, it reminded him too much of went he went through the other day. The occasional burning in his eyes, the slick feeling of rubbing his fingers together, and the tiredness were just the starting points. He also wasn't a fan of being submerged in bacta either, he was part of the few people where it felt like he was being swallowed alive, such a weird feeling, and to be stuck in it overnight didn't help.

"Master, has Rex and them returned yet?" Ahsoka asked.

Anakin really didn't want to tell her the news, especially about Rex, "Uh, no. Not yet," he was still telling part of the truth, Fives and Echo and Jesse hadn't came back yet.

"They've been gone to long, haven't they?"

"You worry to much Ahsoka. I'm sure they'll be fine,"

"Yeah I guess..." she could sense something was off with him, but he couldn't put her finger on it, "Are you okay?"

"Yes!" He said a little to enthusiastically, "I mean, yes,"

Ahsoka raised an eye marking at him, "You sure?"

"Uhhhh no...." She put a hand on her hip. "Look I didn't want to say anything, but, everyone is fine, but Rex is in the nearest med center," he said slowly, trying not to upset her too much.

Ahsoka felt her stomach tie in a knot, "Why? What happened? Can we go see him?" She asked worriedly.

"Yeah I suppose, it's not like I'll be able to stop you,"

"Now?"

"Sure why not,"

The medics must've given him some drugs, because the next thing Rex knew he was laying in a bed with one of those stupid medical gowns. His left arm and hand had IVs, tubes, and sensors on them to help monitor his vitals and give him hydration. The lights in his room were dimmed and for once he wasn't blinded by the lights. He licked his dry lips and tried to sit up, but his body was so stiff and sore it was way to difficult, he decided to just relax and accept this as what it was.

The door to his room opened up a clone medic came into the room and walked to the machine that showed his vitals, "How are you feeling, sir?" He asked as he wrote down stuff on his data pad.

"How I usually feel after being in bacta," Rex said, his voice a bit more gravelly than normal.

"Alright, well there water on this table, and the stuff you came in with are over here," he pointed to a chair in the corner then turned his attention back to Rex, "You also have a few visitors, do you feel ready for them?"

Rex slightly nodded, "Although, do they know what happened to me?"

"No, I don't think so,"

"Could uh- could you tell them?"

"Sure," the clone nodded and exited the room.

"I'm sorry he what- he was tortured?!" Ahsoka said shocked, then turned to Anakin, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Well I didn't know all the details," he turned to the clone medic, "And his injuries?"

"He had some broken bones, minor acid burns, muscle damage, large cuts, wounds, and lacerations, and some internal organ damage,"

"Are sure he's okay?" Ahsoka asked, trying not to sound too worried.

"I'm positive, sirs. You can go in and see him if you'd like, If you need anything just give a holler,"