Glitter

There's a small shower scene towards the end, but I didn't include much. It's not super mature 'cause I want to keep this story as Pg-13 as I can, but still, just a heads up.

"CT-7567, what are you doing?" Kix said loudly as he saw Rex walking down a hallway.

"Oh shit," Rex turned around. "Hey, Kix, I was, uh-,"

"Yes I know what you were doing I found your empty room when I went to check in on you. I wasn't thrilled to say the least," he walked up to him.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just-,"

"Look, to be honest I was surprised that you made it that long in the Medbay, I figured you'd've been out way earlier,"

"If I have to go back, I will. I won't like it but that's nothing new. Just give me something to do, you know how restless I get,"

"Yeah. I do," he sighed, "Go back to your med room and I'll see what I can find for you to— actually don't you have work to get caught up on? Like reports?"

"Oh come on that's worse. Doing paperwork while being in the Med bay, nuh-uh, not happenin',"

"No one said war was going to be fun. There's a data pad in the room you can use. Now go. I have other patients I need to take care of, or do I need to babysit you?"

"No, no. I'll be fine,"

Rex turned and started to walk back to his medical room. He sighed and wished he didn't have to be in the karking Medical Bay, one of his least favorite places. It had everything he didn't like: needles, medics, the smell of bacta, and sometimes the occasional cry of someone in pain. He shuddered, he could barely deal with seeing his own gaping wounds, let alone one of his brothers', he was glad he wasn't a medic.

Rex entered the room and sat on the edge of the bed. He looked around for something to do when he spotted the data pad on the bedside table. He reached over and grabbed it and the plastic pen and turned it on. There was a light knock on the door and it opened. He turned and saw a clone standing there holding a box, "This came for you, sir,"

Rex stood up, "Pardon?"

"ARC trooper Fives told me to give it to you,"

"Oh. I see," he walked up to the shiny and took the small box, "Anything else?"

"No, sir,"

"Okay... bye,"

"Oh, bye," he was about to walk away when he quickly added, "sir," he turned and left.

Rex smirked to himself, all the shines seemed sacred out of their wits when they first under his command. He didn't know why though and didn't take care. He closed the door and set the box on the bed. Knowing Fives it was most likely some sort of odd object, but it was Fives so who knew. Rex contemplated on whether he should open it or not, he was a bit skeptical that Fives didn't deliver it himself. Rex picked it back up and shook it lightly, it didn't make too much noise, just sounding like a bit of sand in it. Sand. Oh it better not be, Rex thought.

He sighed and carefully started to lift off the lid. Something clicked and he froze, careful not to make sudden moves just incase something were to jump out. He slowly lifted the lid off and set it to the side. He looked in the box and gasped, "NO!" He went to put the lid back on when it made a loud POP, making him jump as a crap ton of purple glitter exploded everywhere. He froze and stared at the now glitter covered surfaces.

"Karking glitter bomb," Rex muttered as he shook off some glitter from his arms.

He nearly jumped out of his skin when the door suddenly opened up and Kix barged in. He froze at the sight of all the sparkles, "What. The. Hell."