Calm Before the Storm

Rex was sitting on a table in a med bay room. Ahsoka helped place a Bacta patch on his shoulder, though Rex didn't need any help, he was plenty capable, but he didn't mind.

"There," she said, "all done. How are you feeling?"

Rex smirked, "Better now, but it's a little sore,"

"Hmm, we'll maybe I can help take your mind off of your shoulder,"

Rex spread his legs a bit to let Ahsoka get closer to him. She wrapped her arms around his waist and stood on her tippy toes. Rex lowered his head a hair and locked his lips with hers. Ahsoka kissed him back with a fiery passion. Rex felt as if fireworks were exploding all throughout his core, and the feeling wouldn't stop. Rex pulled Ahsoka into him tightly and she groaned at the slight discomfort of his leg armor and the hard table. Rex gave a small mumble that sounded like 'sorry' but it was unintelligible.

Ahsoka started to move her arms up and her naturally cold hands lightly scratched Rex's back, making him shiver in delight. She took a small step back and regained her breath. She moved her arms lower and wrapped around his core and she hugged him tightly, listening to his eccentric heart beat. She smiled into his chest and Rex caressed her back lek regaining his breath as well.

"I'm hungry," Ahsoka said softly.

"What time is it?" Rex asked but Ahsoka shrugged, "Let's go to the mess,"

Ahsoka nodded and she suddenly felt very tired. It must've been the time when she sleeps,  it being in hyperspace, she couldn't look out the window to see the sun, plus the time zones were messing with her. And not to mention the fight between her and Maul which took a slight toll on her body. Ahsoka released her grip from Rex and helped him hop off the table. He put on his shirt, gloves, and the armor for his hands and forearms.

They walked into the empty mess hall together and got a tray of food. Ahsoka sat across from Rex so they were facing each other. Rex started to hum a song that randomly got stuck in his head in a continuous loop. She listened to his melodic humming and started to take small bites of her food. She looked up at her husband and saw him making, at least what looked to be, little snowmen with the mashed food he had. Ahsoka smiled at his childish behavior and focused back on his humming. But then she realized it was same tune over and over and over. It was getting a tad repetitive.

"Rex," Ahsoka said in a sweet voice.

Rex looked up, "Yeah?"

"As much as I love your singing voice, what you're humming is getting a bit annoying,"

Rex chuckled, "I know. How do think I feel when I only know three words to the song and nothing else. So those few words are playing on repeat. And don't blame me, it was Fives who played the song,"

"But Fives isn't with us,"

"Right but it was before we left for Mandalore and my brain decided to think back on that song,"

"Ah, okay,"

Rex took some bites of his food, but it had zero flavor. It was just mushy, these rations suck.

"Hey," Rex pointed to an empty doorway, "What's that?"

Ahsoka turned around to see what he was pointing at, "What's what?"

Rex smiled as his trick worked. He reached forward and grabbed her flavored drink. He put the straw in his mouth and was surprised when it tasted fruity and fresh. Ahsoka turned around, "I didn't see an- hey! That's not fair!"

"It is too," Rex smiled.

Ahsoka snatched her drink out of Rex's hand, "Mine," she said like she was a toddler.