Leaving the Med Center

"He's dead,"

"He's dead?"

"Yes that's what I said. Heh, I'm a poet and didn't even know it,"

"How did he die?"

"I.... accidentally aggressively poked him with my lightsaber,"

"You can't accidentally stab someone with your lightsaber, Master,"

"No, no. Aggressively poke, very different from stabbing, Snips. I didn't want to say I purposely killed him, I mean, I kinda did but not really,"

Ahsoka facepalmed at Anakin, "So you 'accidentally aggressively poked' Dooku and killed him, is that what your saying?"

"Precisely,"

"I'm not even gonna ask how Obi-Wan reacted,"

"Yeah it'd be better if you don't,"

Ahsoka rolled her eyes, "I'm going to go check on Rex,"

It was a few days later since Rex was administered in the Med Center, and he was feeling a heck of a lot better, but he was driving the medics insane with his boredom. Ahsoka knocked on the door and entered. She saw he was sitting at a desk with a blindfold across his face and he was rapidly taking apart his DC-17 and reassembling it. It was something he would do just to get faster at it, even though he was already swift at it. He turned his body and lifted the blind fold, expecting to see a med droid or a medic, but it was his wife.

A smile spread across his face and he threw down the blindfold onto the desk and stood up. He was out of the medical gown and was now in his blacks with the bottom half of his armor since Anakin licked it up from him. Ahsoka smiled back and walked over to him, "How have you been? Besides bored,"

Rex went up to her and placed his hands on her waist and she wrapped her arms around his low back, "I don't see why they're keeping me here. I'm all healed up,"

"You were tortured by your own brother, they probably want to make sure you have no emotional scarring or something,"

"Yeah maybe. But can't they take my word for it?"

"I don't know, I'm not one of them,"

"So. Echo and the others back yet?"

"Yep, they arrived on the cruiser a few hours ago, they needed time to wind down before they came and visited you,"

"Hopefully I'll be out of here soon. I don't know how much longer I can take it, it's like a prison in here."

"Oh it can't be that bad,"

"You don't have to spend every waking hour in here,"

"True. But you should be leaving here soon, so finish strong,"

Rex nodded and Ahsoka wiggled out of his grasp. She walked over to his bed and plopped down on it, laying on her back, "At least your bed is somewhat decent,"

Rex walked over to the side of bed and he touched her shoulder, "Scoot over,"

Ahsoka moved so that she was almost to the edge of it and Rex came over and laid down next to her. She smiled and turned to her side so that she was facing him, and she traced the grey republic sign that was on his chest. Rex put his arm around her and toyed with her back lek, knowing that was a soft spot for her. Ahsoka smiled and stoped tracing the pattern on his blacks and she rested her head on his chest, "Guess what," she said softly.

Rex closed his eyes, "What?"

"I hate to ruin this moment, but I came here to tell you about the whole Kamino situation,"

"Wow. Way to destroy the mood," he said as he opened his eyes.

"I know, and I'm sorry. But it needs to be addressed. Got any ideas? Me and Anakin and have brainstorming on some things,"

"Maybe, but," he let out a breath, "I just don't know how well it will work, considering we have less Jedi and less clones. But we could do the method when we were on that cruiser when the order was declared. Clones would stun, Jedi would block,"

"That's what me and Anakin were thinking, but the clones would put their lives in the hands of the Jedi, and vice versa. Not all Jedi respect the clones, so I don't know. I know for a fact Aayla, Shaak Ti, Plo, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, and as weird as it is, Mace, all trust the clones. And there's more, but those were the first names in my head,"

"Yeah, and we've also got Jedi who don't even care about us, so I doubt they'd help...."

"It's worth a shot to bring it up with the Council and Senate, right?"

"I would do it, yes,"

"M'kay," she kissed him and sat up, "I should go-"

But she stopped when Rex sat up and gave her the look. The look he would always give her when he wanted her to stay. It was irresistible and Ahsoka couldn't say no to him, especially now, and Rex knew this. She sighed, knowing there was no way to escape his eyes, so she playfully pushed him down back onto the bed. Rex chuckled and pulled her down on top of him. She let out a small gasp when she felt his lips lock with hers. She deepened the kiss and felt Rex slide his hands to the back of her thighs. He was about to do more when there was a loud knock on the door. Ahsoka gasped in surprise and got off the bed and straightened her clothes. Rex got up and quickly got to the desk and sat down, making it look like they weren't doing anything.

The door opened, "Are you guys decent?" Anakin was standing in the doorway with his hands over his eyes and he split his fingers. He took his hand away when he saw them, "Yes, okay you are," He walked into the room, "Rex, medics said you're free to leave," he turned to Ahsoka who had her hands crossed over her chest, "What?" He asked.

"Really? Are we 'decent'," Ahsoka said, slightly annoyed.

"Well how am I supposed to know if you two are.... canoodling,"

"Okay don't ever say that again, it's strange coming out of your mouth," she said.

Rex smiled at the two of them and reassembled his taken apart blaster faster than his general realized he could and stuck it into the holster. He gave Anakin a look when he saw Anakin's mouth slightly open in awe, but Anakin quickly closed it and then looked unimpressed. Rex stood up from the chair and gathered the rest of his few things, "Ready," he said.

"That was fast," Anakin said.

"I don't have much stuff," he said as he slung a bag over his shoulder.

"Oh yeah, somehow I keep forgetting that. Well come one," Anakin said with a hand gesture. "We don't want to keep everyone waiting,"

"Waiting for what?"

Anakin's face turned solemn, "We're going to go over the official plan for Kamino once we get back,"

Ahsoka looked to Rex and saw his facial expression slightly drop, she hoped everything would be okay and run smoothly for once, for everyone's sake.