Epilogue

Building a house. That seemed simple enough, right? Wrong. It was very difficult, but it produced a wonderful result. Ahsoka and Rex's new home on Mandalore just got finished and they were adding the last minute furniture and decor. It was roughly a year after they left what they were affiliated with, and that was their happiest year so far... but now, they were a little lower than normal.

"Ahsoka," Rex said a bit firmly. "It is not that hard."

"Wha— Well I'm sorry this isn't my strong suit." She retorted.

They had to hammer a few nails into the wall by hand in order to add some finishing touches to the refresher room.

"See? It's not that hard. Just pound the nail into the wall." Rex explained, not with a very nice tone in his voice, as he demonstrated how to do it correctly.

Ahsoka let out a low, predatory growl from the back of her throat. "I'm going to pound you into the wall..." she threatened.

Rex nearly choked on air at that remark. He tried to keep down his grin, but he was failing miserably. "You know," he said. "I don't think you're strong enough to 'pound me into the wall'."

She glared at him. "Is that a challenge?"

"...maybe."

"Okay, listen here you—"

But Rex interrupted her. "Whelp, you leave me no choice."

"And what choice would that be?" She placed a hand on her hip.

Rex's eyes got this brilliant warmth to them suddenly and his lips curved into a small smile. Since that alone didn't work to make Ahsoka happy once more, he showed some of his teeth and that got her to break. She chuckled softly and got close to him, placing her hands on either side of his face. "Oh," she sighed happily. "What would I ever do without you, Mister Tano?"

Rex chuckled softly. "Mister Tano..." he repeated quietly.

"What?"

He shrugged. "Nothin'."

Ahsoka eyed him for a moment before locking her lips with his, pulling away after a second. She slid her hands down from his face until they were flat against his chest. She gave him an evil smirk before shoving him, making him hit the wall with a grunt. Ahsoka placed her hands on his hips and kept him pressed where he was. "Told ya I could pound you into the wall."

Rex shook his head. "I never doubted it for a second."

"Mmm." Ahsoka kissed her husband again and he deepened it. Her grip on his waist loosened as he cupped the side of her face.

"Hey," came a voice from outside the room. "I was wondering if— woah. You guys coulda chose another room."

Ahsoka broke the kiss and turned around. Anakin was standing there half-shielding his eyes from the sight.

"Anakin, we're married," Ahsoka said.

Anakin scoffed. "Yeah. Good thing... Okay, uh, I finished bringing everything in from outside, you guys done in here?"

"More or less," Rex shrugged.

Cody soon came over and stood next to Anakin, pressing his shoulder against the door frame, leaning on it. "Finished up in the dining room. Where's all your food?"