Back on the Cruiser

Rex had gotten Ahsoka as stitched up as he could, and he did his best on Jammara too. She was missing a large patch of fur from where he shaved her to get a good look at the wounds. He gave Ahsoka a quick peck on the forehead before heading back to the cockpit.

Lux flipped on the autopilot and leaned back in his chair. Rex went over and sat down in the seat next to him. "How much longer?" He asked.

"It won't be too long. Roughly twenty, thirty, standard minutes," Lux responded. He stretched his arms over his head, then stood up, "I gotta use the 'fresher, keep an eye on the ship," he left the room after Rex nodded.

Instead of going to the refresher like he had said, Lux went to the small med bay. He opened up the door and Ahsoka was sitting up, picking the dirt out from under her fingernails. Jammara was casually lying on her bed grooming herself. Ahsoka looked up at him, "Everything okay?"

"Yes. Everything is fine. How're you feeling?" He asked.

She shrugged, "I'm okay. A little stiff and painful, but that's nothing I haven't dealt with before. So I'll be good as new once all this heals up," she vaguely motioned to her abdomen.

Lux nodded and got to her bedside, "I was, uh, wondering if everything was all right with you and Rex,"

Jammara stopped licking her paw and slowly looked up. She glanced at Ahsoka then to the senator.

Ahsoka shook her head. "Lux, don't do this. He's just across the ship and will come flying in at the slightest hint of trouble."

"I was just curious. He hasn't stayed in here with you and I didn't know if something had happened."

Ahsoka crossed her arms and sighed. Some nerve he's got. "Look, Rex most likely doesn't trust you to be in control of the ship. After all, the last time you guys were together...." she trailed off. "I won't go there. But you know what I mean."

Lux nodded, "Yeah, I do-,"

"Then act like it. If you still like me just admit it, don't keep secrets. But I have to tell you that I don't like you. You know that I used to, but-,"

"Why'd you change your mind?"

"Because I was young and didn't know much about all this at the time. Had I realized what would have happen, I wouldn't've admitted my feelings to you. Just, please, get over all of this,"

Lux sighed, "Well, what if I told you that you're not easy to forget. Remember the last, last time we were on Carlac? From the backstories we came up with, to fighting Death Watch, we made a pretty awesome team,"

Ahsoka recalled the memories. She couldn't believe she actually liked him. She remembered fighting together and saving him. She nodded, "Yeah. But that's all in the past,"

"Doesn't matter. It's the kind of thing you remember forever...." he looked down, "And you'll always be the one who got away,"

Jammara picked up Ahsoka's reaction from her body language and propped herself up. The Gurlanin faced Lux, "I think it'd be a good idea if you left," she said.

Lux slightly frowned at the Gurlanin and left the room. Ahsoka nodded her thanks and Jammara nodded back.

Anakin's cruiser finally came into sight, and Rex's arm hurt like the dickens. He realized he got so busy stitching up Ahsoka and Jammara, that he hadn't taken time to work on himself. But that didn't matter now, the cruiser was right there and he'd get the medical help he needed.

Rex guided the ship, with some help from Lux, into the gigantic hangar. Once they went through the blue electromagnetic field, the ship touched down and landed smoothly. Rex quickly tried to get out of the seat, but he forgot he didn't unbuckle the straps. He undid them and jogged into where Ahsoka and Jammara were.

Ahsoka was already standing up and Jammara leapt off the bed. He made sure everyone was okay before exiting the ship. Rex walked down the small ramp and Kix came up to him and patted his shoulder, "Glad to see you in one piece."

Rex shrugged, "Yeah, more or less."

"C'mon, let's get you fixed up." Kix said with a gesture towards the med bay.

Rex didn't realize he was cradling his arm and nodded, "All right. What about Ahsoka and Jammara?" He saw Kix raise an eyebrow. "Oh. The Gurlanin."

"Ah, right. I've got some med droids on their way here to help them. And if I know you, you most likely helped the other two instead of yourself. Correct?"

"Yeah that sums it up."

"Okay, then c'mon."

Kix lead Rex away from the ship as a med droid came and took Jammara to get a proper look over and help.

Lux grabbed all of Rex's and Ahsoka's stuff from out of his ship, setting it on the ground. Ahsoka was about to say something when Lux scoffed, "You know, it's funny. You said I shouldn't keep secrets about how I feel, but the biggest secret here is that you've still got a thing for me. I think, you're scared what Rex will do to you if you admit your real feelings."

Ahsoka was taken aback, "You've got to be kidding me."

Lux shook his head, "You think you can hide it, but not from me." He grabbed Ahsoka by her upper arms and pulled her close to him, kissing her.

She shoved him off of her and punched him across the face, "Don't you ever do that again!" She shouted, not caring that the troopers around her stopped what they were doing and stared.

Lux quickly put a hand to his cheek and hurried back into his ship as Ahsoka turned on her heel and stormed down to the Medical Bay, not wanting to wait for a droid. Behind her,she heard the ship power up and and start to leave the cruiser. She calmed down and couldn't believe what happened. She rubbed her now sore knuckles and hoped Rex didn't see anything. A medical droid came up to her and she walked with it to the Med Bay.

After a while of getting everybody properly cared for and refreshed, Rex and Ahsoka went to Rex's private quarters, well, more like snuck. Kix didn't want them leaving so soon, but that didn't stop them. Rex sat down on his bed and sighed heavily. He leaned all the way back with his arms outstretched and stared at the ceiling, "I didn't think I'd be so happy to finally be in the comfort of this place,"

Ahsoka came over and laid down next to him, resting her head on his chest, "Me too....." she remembered them having a talk on day about not keeping secrets. They always caused problems, so she decided to tell him what had happening earlier, "Hey, um... I should tell you something..."

"Is this a guessing game? 'Cause I think I know the answer."

She rose a face marking, "Really?"

"Yeah. Lux kissed you."

"Uh. Yeah. H-He did. Wait, you saw it happen, yet you didn't do anything? I can't believe you just watched it happened."

"Well he got away before I could've down anything, but believe me, I was gonna throttle him, but then you had the situation handled. You've got the bruised knuckles to prove that, ner nehutyc jetii."

She chuckled, "You got that right." And she looked up and kissed his chin.