Recovery

Kix finished up putting in Ahsoka's information into a data pad. He walked back over to where Ahsoka was, and he pulled back the curtain for one last check to make sure she was fine. Her heart beat was steady and so far her blood pressure and everything was smooth. She was still unconscious from the anesthesia. He stepped back and pulled the curtain closed, then walked toward the exit.

He opened the door and nearly bumped into Cody, "Oh, Commander. Sorry I didn't see you there,"

"That's fine, Kix. How's Ahsoka doing?"

"She's stable for now, but what happened?"

"I don't know, she shoved me into a room. But she stopped a small missile or something, I didn't get a good look at it,"

"Rex should be back any moment with the General, do you want to tell them what has happened? I'm used to telling bad news,"

Cody shook his head "I was the one with her at the time, I'll tell them,"

"Alright. Well what about security footage? Anything usable?"

"No. Everything was destroyed,"

"Okay, well- hold on I have to take this," Kix's com started to go off.

He stepped to the side and had a short conversation with the person on the line. It only lasted a short while, and Kix came back to Cody, "That was Rex. He said they ran into complications and will be running later than normal."

"Okay, but why'd he call you?"

"He wasn't able to reach Ahsoka or you so got me,"

"Oh, but I have my com on,"

"That's doesn't matter now, sir. Ahsoka should wake up soon, you can get your information then. And without Rex hogging the place and snapping at everyone who wants to talk to her,"

"Hmm, yeah. He does get very protective,"

Kix nodded, "C'mon, I'll take you to her,"

He made a gesture with his hand and started to lead Cody to Ahsoka's sectioned off room. They passed injured clones from the first explosion, and few others from the most recent. They finally got to the correct spot and Kix slid the curtain back. Ahsoka looked up at him with tired eyes and a dull expression, "Commander. You're awake, how are you feeling?" Kix said as he walked over to the monitors.

"Aaray," she said softly.

Kix chuckled, "You've been hanging with us clones for too long. Would you like more painkillers for the pain?" Ahsoka nodded. Kix fiddled around in some drawers, "Do you feel well enough to answer some questions?"

She looked down and tried to sit up, but her body was weak and it ached so she decided to stay laying down. There were multiple bandages on her arms and torso, she could also feel some on her legs and montrals. She looked up at Cody and nodded, pretty sure what he was going to ask.

Cody walked over to the side of her bed while Kix did stuff to her IV, "What happened after I went into that room?"

"You saw me stop it, the missile, and when I got you into the room, I pushed it back towards those droids. It hit the wall behind them and triggered the explosion. I was able to stop most of the flames and things from getting to me, and luckily it didn't last long. I ended up not being able to hold it for too long, y'know, the flames. I remember it sort of died down a bit, and... Stang, I don't remember the rest," Ahsoka looked down and fumbled with her medical gown.

"That's alright. I was just curious why you didn't have much burns and things, well, extreme ones anyway,"

"Kix, where's the worst of the burns?" She asked cautiously.