A Little Bit of Love

Kix and Rex were walking down a hallway on the cruiser, talking casually. Kix finally worked up enough courage to tell his captain what happened last night. "So..." he started. "There's a bit of a situation..."

Rex rose an eyebrow, "What kind of situation?"

"I'm just gonna come out and say it." Kix put his hands together and it looked as if he was wringing them out. "Jesse knows about you and you-know-who."

Rex felt his stomach do a flip. "What? Kix!"

"I-I'm sorry, it just slipped out. And he had a suspicion anyway."

Rex combed his fingers through his buzzed hair, "Okay, no one else can know. It's going to spread like a wild fire if more people find out."

"I'm sorry, sir."

He took a breath and exhaled slowly, "It's fine, we understood what would happen and we knew the consequences. Look I have to go. Skywalker wants a sit-rep and I would've given him one yesterday, but... things happened."

"Mm-Hmm, and I—"

Kix was it interrupted by Rex's wrist comm beeping to life. Rex gave him a quick apologetic look and brought his wrist up, "Rex here."

"Hey, it's Ahsoka. I was wondering if you could tell Anakin I can't make it. I tried his comm but he wouldn't pick up."

"All right, I can do that. Just out of curiosity, why can't you come?" He asked.

Ahsoka hesitated for moment, "...I can't say. You suck at keeping secrets."

"Well I think I'm doing a pretty darn good job at keeping one right now. But yeah, sure, I'll tell him."

" 'Kay, thanks you're the best. And make sure not to tell anyone that the reason I'm not there is secret thing, okay? I'll talk to you soon. Love you."

"Mm, love you too. Bye." He signed off.

Kix gave him a smug expression and grin. Rex rolled his eyes. "Don't give me that look."

Kix just shrugged and they ended up going opposite directions when they came to a cross section. Rex continued walking and wondered what Ahsoka could be planning. She said it was secret, but it could be for anyone. He figured it wouldn't be for him since she never would've told him it was a secret. His comm beeped again, so he pressed the button.

"General." He acknowledged.

"Rex, are you on your way?"

"Yes, why?"

"Obi-Wan is always early, and today he's not. I need you to hurry you butt up so you can witness the first time he's been late to anything. This is going to be the greatest 'first' in the history of the galaxy." Anakin let out a quiet snicker.

"Uhh, okay?"

"Great. See you in a minute or so."

"All right, love you, bye." And he signed off once again.

Rex proceeded on walking down the hall and went through the events that had happened yesterday, mentally preparing himself. Of course, he wasn't there for most of it, so Cody was going to be there too and explain everything. He hadn't gotten word on Aayla or Plo either, so he hoped they were doing okay.

Rex had finally made it to the door and was about to open it when realization punch him in the gut. I told Skywalker I loved him. He backed up a few steps and grimaced. Anakin was probably just confused, but that didn't keep it from being embarrassing. Should he tell Ahsoka or not tell her? Rex just couldn't believe it. He obviously didn't love Anakin, but what should he say? That he didn't love him? That would be weird, and things were weird enough.