Cybernetics

"Any news?" Ahsoka asked.

Rex shook his head. "No. Not yet."

"I'm sure he's fine," She reassured.

"Yeah, I know. I just feel bad for him. I feel like I could've prevented the whole thing."

"Okay, this is nobody's fault, understand? Do not beat yourself up about this. I'm sure he doesn't blame you or anybody for what has happened."

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just, things go wrong and I feel like it's easier to deal with something when I blame someone for whatever happened. That person's usually me, so..."

"And I get that. But Cody is going to recover. And I don't mean to sound morbid, but you know how many times he's broken his fingers, knuckles, whatever, so at least he won't have to deal with that."

"Mm, yeah. All right," he sighed. "We should get back to work."

"Agreed."

They both started to walk over to where everyone was when after a few paces Rex's comlink chirped. He pressed the answer button, expecting it to be Anakin telling them to hurry up. He was surprised when the small holoprojecter opened up and Cody appeared. Rex slowed down. "Woah, hey."

"Hey, Rex. Figured you'd want an update so you won't worry the entire time." Cody said.

Rex smirked. "You've known me for too long. So...?"

In the hologram, Cody held up both his arms to show Rex. On his right arm, just below his elbow was gone, and he was missing his entire left hand, both arms wrapped in what looked like bandages. "It kind of bothers me that the amputation places are not symmetrical with each other..."

"Really? That's what's bothering you?" Rex scoffed. "Me and you are hot about the wrong things."

"Yeah, guess so. Good news is that once I get the prosthetics, I can get back into the field."

"That's good. But how did you manage to contact me?"

"A stylus, my mouth, and... whatever you'd call these... nubbins? I don't know, but it was quite difficult without fingers."

"Mm, I would think s—" he stopped talking when he saw a black puddle moving on the ground. It stopped in front of him and metamorphosed into a a black canine-like creature. "Jammara? What—"

"No time to explain," Jammara said in her liquid voice, but her lisp made her voice a bit amusing. "Seps are on their way right now to invade Coruscant. You need to round everybody up. And when I say everybody, I mean everybody. You need to head back to Corrie right now if you want to make it there on time. Understand?"

"Oh. Yes, I do. All right, Codes I gotta go." He ended the comm call and Ahsoka grabbed his arm.

"Come on," she said.

Jammara strode with them as they took off at a run to get to Anakin and Obi-Wan. Ahsoka sped ahead of them, and Rex tired to go faster, but his heavy armor was restricting that. By the time he and Jammara got there, Ahsoka was talking with Anakin.

"...factory or go to Coruscant?" Was what Rex heard Ahsoka say as he came up to them.

Obi-Wan stoked his beard. "Are the Seps at Coruscant now?"

Jammara answered. "Not now, no. But they're en route, so if you're going to leave, you had best go now if you want to get there on time. Or at least contact the other Jedi and clones."

"I can get the Council, senate, and Coruscant Guard alerted and have civilians take shelter." Obi-Wan said. "But destroying the factory would lessen the amount of droids to attacks there. Is there any way you could do it?"