Kamino Pt2

Rex and Jesse were on their way to the clone production room, it was on the other side of the smaller building, so it would take them longer.

They had already been walking a while and Jesse went over the plan out loud, just to make sure he knew it for sure, "So we go to the cloning room, stop the production-"

"No we continue it," Rex interrupted.

"What?"

"I'm kidding. You already know the plan you're fine," 

"Yeah I guess.... so...."

"So what?"

"What's with the baby Togruta?" Jesse asked.

Rex slowed his pace for a fraction of a second then resumed regular pace, "Now is hardly the time ask,"

"I know, but it's just a long hallway, we've got a ways to go before we reached the actual cloning room, might as well have a conversation. Is she the Commander's baby?"

This time Rex stopped walking, "Okay first of all, Ahsoka never even showed signs of being pregnant. Second, how would she get pregnant? And the baby doesn't look like a hybrid between a human and Togruta," he started walking again.

"I guess you're right..... wait I never said anything about a human and Togruta cross, why'd you say human?"

"Why are we discussing this?"

"Because I would like some answers, sir,"

"Answers on what?"

"You and the Commander,"

Osik. Does Jesse now know? "What do you mean?" Rex tried to keep his voice steady.

"Well you haven't ripped my head off so that's a good sign, are you two...... a thing," he said quietly.

"What makes you say that?"

"Uh you know what, your right, now's not the time to be discussing this,"

Rex raised an eyebrow under his helmet and since Jesse seemed uncomfortable about this it made him wonder if he had seen them together. But he decided not to worry about that now, there was one heat signature that popped up on Rex's HUD that made his start to doubt this mission. Jesse must've noticed it too because he stopped short, "What do we do?" He asked.

"Just stay on course, and please act normal. And not Fives' version of normal,"

They continued their walking pace and came face to face with that clone. They passed him and he nodded, so they nodded back. Rex and Jesse thought they were clear, but then they heard the clone's voice, "Wait a minute, what are you two doing?" They both stopped and turned around, Rex figured it was a semi older clone, "You're supposed to be going this way," he motioned to the opposite end of the hall.

"Uhh right," Rex needed to think of something quick, "We just left something behind and we need to go get it,"

"..... alright," the clone seemed suspicious, but he continued walking down the stretch of hallway.

Jesse and Rex looked at each other and Jesse was about to ask something when another clone suddenly appeared and walked over to him, "CT-87-1423, I need to speak with you,"

Rex silently cursed, they must've grabbed armor that was still in use.

"What do I do," Jesse said through the helmet com.

"Just go, see what he wants," Rex said back into the com.

Jesse nodded and the clone took him back the way they came. He figured neither of them should be separated, but they would have more info, and as much as he wanted to knock that guy out, there were to many security systems and cameras. They were almost at where they needed to be, of course this had to happen.

Rex speed walked through the hallway and went around the corner smoothly, but then he saw Commander Doom talking with a clone. He stopped short and backup a bit so that the corner shielded his body. He watched as it looked like Doom was giving directions, and the clone trooper nodded and went down the hall the direction Rex was going to go. Rex looked around and carefully walked up to the Commander. Even with his helmet on, Doom looked confused as to why a shiny was approaching him, "Can I help you?" He asked.

Rex was talking in a hushed voice, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry?"

Rex took off his helmet, "Doom, it's Rex. Why are you here?"

"Why wouldn't I be,"

"Are you- are you on a mission?"

"....no not really. But you could call this a mission,"

Realization slapped Rex in the face, "Did you remove the chip?"

"What chip?"

"Are you joking or- argh!"

Rex felt a needle go through the neck of his blacks and into his skin, injecting something. He leapt back and rubbed the sore spot with a confused look on his face. He suddenly felt very woozy and exhausted, so he stumbled to stay standing. His vision blurred and he felt immense pressure in his head. His ears were ringing so loud he could barely hear himself think. At this point he couldn't take it any longer and he collapsed to the floor, still trying to stand, his body was doing its best to fight what was injected into him. Doom loomed over him and then reached down and picked up Rex by the top of his chest plate with one hand, and with the other, knocked him out the rest of the way with his fist.