Blades

Rex walked to Cody's office and the door was already open so he just knocked on the door frame. Cody looked up from his desk, "Rex," he acknowledged. Rex nodded and entered the room. "Can I help you?" He asked.

"Yeah. Fives said you wanted to see me?"

"Oh, yeah. I just need to talk to you about one of our brothers,"

"Oh?" He sat down in the chair in front of Cody's desk, "Which one?"

"Fox,"

Rex raised an eyebrow, "Well what about him?"

"Long story short, I went to talk to him a while back and I didn't think much of it at the time, but now I do. So you remember Senator Riyo Chuchi, right?"

"Yeah, she's one of 'Soka's senator friends. What about her?"

"I think Fox... Ugh, how do I say this without sounding like a dork? He, uh, likes her,"

"... oh no,"

"Right? And he was getting a bit flustered when she was talking to him and made me think and wonder if he really does like her. But then we had a small talk and he kinda confirmed it for me. Point is, I don't think he knows he likes her, and he is kriffing miserable to be around when she's near him,"

Rex chuckled, "What's he do?"

"Where do I begin? Anyway, how do I tell him he has feelings for her? Wouldn't it be awkward? Maybe you could talk to him? I mean, you have experience with... stuff,"

"So you want me to tell him that the feelings he gets when he's around her is love just because I have experience with Ahsoka?"

"... yes? Well she married you and I don't know what he's feeling. But he's- I don't even know how to describe it. He's not acting like himself, and I don't like it,"

"Okay fine. But I'll do it later in case something changes. Also, why do you keep rubbing your arm? It's irritating me,"

"Hmm? Oh. I'll show you," Cody took off his left glove and arm armor, then rolled up the sleeve. There was a small bandage on his upper arm that he started to rub, "I cut myself and it's really itchy, but it's a minor cut and I didn't want waste any bacta on in,"

"How in the galaxy did you cut your arm with armor on?"

Cody pulled out a knife from his desk and Rex eyed it suspiciously. He lightly ran the blade of it across his forearm in small stokes, basically shaving the hair off his arm.

Rex cringed and ran his fingers through his hair, "Oh, Force, stop doing that you're gonna give me a heart attack,"

"It's how I test how sharp my knives are. I got a bit distracted and ended up slicing my arm. It's not the first time that's happened,"

"Interesting. You could just test it on something else instead of yourself,"

"Meh, when I cut myself I know the blade is sharp and that it would ki— hurt somebody,"

"...okay. Y'know, I never understood your knife obsessions, it's kinda strange,"

"Mm, no it's not strange. Sharp pointy things are fun,"