Making Up

In a briefing room, Cody walked over to the holotable with Rex across from him, "Okay," Cody started, "So Fox and them have an idea as to who is either behind all of it, or just a little bit."

"And that is?" Rex questioned.

"Well it's not finale, but me and the CG (Coruscant Guard) have our suspicions. Chancellor Palpatine,"

"The Chancellor? But you've never met him. And besides, how would you know?"

"First of all, he's remained in office for far too long, way after his term has expired—"

"Wait wait wait. How do you know all this? You've never been one to know politics,"

"Uh, Kenobi likes to rant on and on about his duties on the Council or sometimes Anakin. So I hear pretty much everything. By the way, what's going on with you and Ahsoka?"

Rex slowly looked at Cody, "Real subtle, brother. But if you must know, me and her just... aren't in a great spot right now. I said a lot of things I shouldn't have. So there's that,"

"Well that's understandable. I mean, considering that's happening. I'm sorry about those squads by the way,"

"Yeah, thanks. How're you holding up?"

Cody looked down, "Early on, I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't get attached to any of them. So I managed to handle the death okay, but it still hurts,"

"Yeah, I know what you mean...." Rex said, looking down also.

"Kix said you cried,"

Rex looked at Cody and pressed his lips together, "He told you about that?"

"Of course he did, Rex. He's worried about you, as am I,"

"Well you don't need to worry. I'm fine,"

".... I'll take your word for it," Cody say after a long pause.

"Let's just get back to work," Rex said quietly.

Cody nodded but kept a watchful eye on his little brother. Rex kept himself busy, going through old files on the Chancellor, trying to kind some sort of information or a clue. Rex didn't realized how much time had passed, he needed to go meet up with Anakin for whatever reason, "Codes, I have to go," Rex said as he placed the data pad on the table.

"Alright,"

Rex left the room and headed for the right briefing room. Stang, he was a bit late, he hoped Anakin wouldn't mind. Rex got to his destination and he took a breath, gathering his composure incase Anakin was going to lecture him. He opened the door and walked in, but he quickly paused when he saw Ahsoka look up from the data pad she was reading. The door closed, "What are you doing here," Ahsoka said bitterly.

Ouch. That hurt, "Skywalker told me to meet him in here?" Rex said with a hint of confusion.

"I should've known," Ahsoka said, "He told me the same thing too,"

Rex walked over to his wife, "I guess he wants us to hash it out,"

"I guess so,"

Rex took a breath, "Look, I'm sorry," Ahsoka crossed her arms, "I know what I said was wrong,"

"Then why'd you say it?"

"I don't know. I guess I'm just really stressed," he rubbed the back of his neck, "and being a clone, I'm not supposed to feel anxiety or stress, which is confusing because I'm certainly feeling it now,"

Ahsoka slowly nodded, "I guess I should apologize too. And I do take back everything that I said. I was feeling the pressure too, believe it or not," Rex gave a weak smile, "Do you still feel stressed?" She asked.