Sneaking Around

"Force, Rex. Kix is going to kill you. Be quiet," Ahsoka said in a hushed voice as her and Rex were sneaking through the hallways after it was lights out.

"It's not my fault the karking cleanup droid ran into my foot and nearly made me fall over," Rex said as they neared his room, "Maybe this was a bad idea; sneaking out of the Medbay,"

"I know right, Kix is going to be so mad when he finds out," she started to laugh at the thought of it.

"K'uur," he whispered loudly.

"You hush,"

"I'm not the one who's laughing and is going wake everybody up,"

"It's fine. Besides, we're here,"

They both quietly entered his room and Rex sighed with relief at the comfort of his private quarters. He walked into the middle of the room and turned to face Ahsoka. He went back up to her and she looked up at him, "What?" She asked.

"... Nothin'"

Rex pulled her into a hug to her surprise, but she caught on and nuzzled into him. It felt good being in the protection of his arms once again. She felt him start to pepper her montrals with small kisses, making her smile into his chest. She thought back to the last time they had just quietly embraced, neither of them talking or thinking. Ahsoka found it as a great stress reliever, as a bonus it always ended up with them cuddling on the bed, or sometimes as a make out session. She sighed contentedly and moved her hands down his back until she felt the waistband of his gray sweatpants. She squeezed him a little tighter and Rex kissed the valley between her two montrals and broke the hug. Ahsoka looked up at him and had a confused face.

He smirked, "It's hot," he grabbed the hem of his shirt and pulled it over his head, revealing his muscular body.

"Is that the only reason?"

"...no,"

She chuckled, "Figured,"

He put his shirt on the floor and Ahsoka went back up to him, putting her hands on his shoulders. She planted a kiss to his lips and he deepened it all while starting to take a few steps backwards towards the bed. The back of Rex's legs went up against it and he broke the kiss, turned his head, and yawned. Ahsoka stifled a laugh, "Tired? Am I too boring?"

"No, well yes I'm tired. In fact I probably would've been asleep by now but you're distracting me,"

"Really? I'm distracting you? You're the one who had the fantastic idea to sneak into you quarters,"

"Mm, yeah. I didn't think I'd be this sleepy,"

"Let's lie down then,"

Rex nodded and climbed into bed and Ahsoka climbed in on her side. She pulled up the covers over the both of them and they faced each other. He scooted forward a tad so that their foreheads were touching. She lightly kissed the tip of his nose, "Goodnight,"

"Actually, could you, um. I don't know, like, sing?"

"Like a lullaby?" Rex nodded. "Sure. I don't mind."

Ahsoka started to softly sing a lullaby in Togruti. He found her soft trills and slight lekku tremors to be extremely relaxing. He shifted down a little so that his head was under her chin. He kissed just above her sternum and nuzzled into her. She started to play with his short hair and she would softly rake her nails against his scalp, giving him head massages knowing he needed some love after what he went through the last couple days. Ahsoka used the Force and turned off the lights in the room.

Before she knew it, Rex was sound asleep in the protection of her arms. She listened to his slow and steady breathing and she could feel his heart beat and smiled to herself. His soft snoring said it all, he found comfort and could easily trust her to watch over him in his most vulnerable state. Ahsoka closed her eyes and drifted to sleep with the reassurance that Rex would finally have a peaceful night's rest.

The next morning, Rex fluttered his eyes open and found himself staring at orange. He squinted in confusion when he realized he wasn't in the Medbay, he was in his room up against Ahsoka. He pushed back and looked up at Ahsoka who smiled down at room, " 'Mornin'," she said.

"'Morning," Rex said, his voice thick with sleep. He inhaled as he rolled onto his back and looked at the ceiling, "What time is it?"

"If we leave now Kix won't notice you left the Medbay,"

"Ugh, it's to early to be up," he rolled back over and nestled back into Ahsoka.

"Kix will come for you,"

"I'll worry about him later. It won't be the first time he's gotten mad at me and it won't be the last,"

" 'M'kay, but don't come running when he's on your tail," Rex wrapped his arm around her and she kissed the top of his head, "As much as I want to stay here with you, I have stuff I need to do,"

"Like?"

"Like do some paperwork, train a bit, shower-,"

"I'll be there for the shower,"

"Of course you will," Ahsoka chuckled.

Rex sighed, "I probably should get up, huh?"

"Yeah,"

He groaned as he sat up and he was about to turn and bend down to kiss her when she shook her head, "Nuh-uh, you've got morning breath, brush your teeth,"

Rex grumbled a few jumbled words in Mando'a and got up. Ahsoka smiled and got up too, although she really didn't want to anything today. She went over to his bedside dresser and pulled out one of his hoodies and a pair of clothes for her. She liked to where his hoodies since they were big and baggie and the hood could actually go over her montrals. She walked over to where Rex was standing in front of a long mirror, rubbing a sore, red spot on his stomach.

"You okay?"

"Hmm? Oh, yeah I'm fine. It's just a bit tender is all,"

She got in front of him and made face that said "really?" Rex mocked her facial expression but more exaggerated, causing her laugh and embrace him once again. She back up a bit and looked at his battle scarred chest. She slowly started to trace the scars with her finger, as if they would magically erase with every touch. She met with the circular scar just a bit off centered from the middle of chest. Ahsoka remembered it from the time he got shot and met up with a clone deserter.

She found it strange that he didn't turn him in, and why he never told her the clone's name, just that he had a wife and two kids. Perhaps he didn't want people overhearing, but that didn't seem likely, then again it was a while ago. She also thought it was a brave and selfless thing to do to not turn him in for deserting the GAR. She moved over to a large scar that went from the far edge of his left pec to next to the sniper shot scar. That was from when he got sliced up from Doom. She grimaced at the thought of him being tortured by one of his brothers.

"'Soka,"

"Hmm?"

"We really should get going,"

"Aw, okay,"

She really didn't want to do anything today. All Ahsoka wanted to do was spend time with Rex, but she knew that she needed to get caught up on a bunch of reports so that probably wouldn't happen with him being in the Med bay the whole day. She sighed, time to start the day.