Getting to the Palace

Darth Maul let go of his grip around Obi-Wan. Maul used the Force and picked up the Jedi's lightsaber, then turned around. Savage slung Satine over his shoulder and walked into the palace with Maul behind him. Obi-Wan was on his hands and knees still breathing heavy, his lungs felt like they were on fire and breathing hurt. He saw Death Watch surround him and he felt immense pressure on his head, then blackness.

A few hours later, Obi-Wan woke up in a cold chamber, the walls were gray and it was a small box, just tall enough for him to stand up he estimated. He sat up and rubbed the back of his head, a big lump was there. He stood up and he became dizzy, but he pushed through it. Obi-Wan pushed the hair out of his face and staggered to his feet. His legs ached and his muscles complained with the movement. The door was locked and a figure in red and black armor stood by guarding it. Obi-Wan sighed as he tried to come up with a plan. Where was Anakin? He should've rescued him by now, and everyone would be safe if things had gone accordingly. But when it comes to Maul, it never goes that way.

The man turned around and walked up close to the bars. Obi-Wan walked up and was about to use a Jedi mind trick when the guy spoke up, "Are you alright?" He asked.

That voice. It was so familiar, but Obi-Wan couldn't place it. Did he have a concussion or was he still woozy from being unconscious for a while? The man lifted off his helmet and revealed a face Obi-Wan was happy to see.

"Rex," Obi-Wan said as relief washed over him, "Where is Ahsoka and Anakin?"

Rex put the helmet back on and looked both ways to make sure no one was coming, "Maul has the Duchess held somewhere, I do not know the exact location. Ahsoka, is fighting Maul in the palace with Skywalker fighting Opress. So we should get going.,"

Obi-Wan nodded and Rex unlocked the door. The door slid open and the clone handed Kenobi a bag. It was full of Death Watch armor. Obi-Wan quickly put it on and they headed on their way.

"Do you have a plan?" Obi-Wan asked as they got into an elevator.

"Uh, no," Rex said with confidence, which made him sound like Anakin, "But my men are fighting Death Watch now and we just need to distract Maul and Opress long enough to get everyone out."

"Easier said than done," Obi-Wan replied.

The elevator door opened up and they headed through a corridor. Luckily, no one seemed to notice them walking by so they snuck passed undetected. Rex and Obi-Wan exited the building and explosions were heard off in the distance. Thick smoke covered the land and clone troopers dressed him blue and white armor were fighting the opposing side. Blaster fires rang out and some blaster bolts flew past them, making them aware of the situation at hand.

"Come on let's go!" Obi-Wan shouted above the battle noises.

Rex nodded and ran behind Obi-Wan as they headed for the palace. They didn't have jet packs, which would be useful, but they had to make do. Obi-Wan was running fast, but his muscles were stiff and he suddenly tripped and face planted, causing Rex to fall over too. Rex almost landed on top of Obi-Wan, but he used his hands to take the brunt of the fall and to stop him from crushing the General beneath him. Rex quickly rolled to the side and staggered to his feet. In the corner of his eye was a flash of movement, and then he felt a blow to the chest.

Rex was knocked back and a Death Watch member was standing there, ready to lunge. The man leapt and before Rex could even do anything, the member uppercutted him, causing Rex's helmet to go lift off his head and hit the ground. Rex mentally cursed and prepared to fight when the man was knocked back my an invisible force. He turned and saw Obi-Wan sitting upright with his hand outstretched.

"Are you alright, sir?" Rex asked as he pulled Obi-Wan to his feet.

"I'm fine, I was going to ask you that, but you seem fine. We should continue," Obi-Wan stated.

Rex suddenly felt his blood go cold and his eyes got wide. Obi-Wan was confused why Rex looked like he saw ghost when he heard what sounding like an animal snort. He turned around and Savage was standing there, lightsaber in hand. He threateningly ignited his double bladed and held in front of him. Rex looked at Opress and back at Obi-Wan. He was practically useless in helping Kenobi fight this monster. He decided to do his best, so he pushed down his fear and picked up his helmet and put it on, hoping the armor was as strong or stronger than clone armor. He had a blaster in each hand and watched as Obi-Wan put his hand to where his lightsaber was, but it wasn't there. Oh no. He forgot Maul took it. Now how were they going to defeat such a strong guy with a duel lightsaber? It was a very unfair fight, but they had to do it.

Obi-Wan took a few steps back so he was beside Anakin's Captain. Rex handed him a blaster and prepared to fight Savage. Obi-Wan turned on his internal helmet com and said to Rex, "Try your best to aim for his hands. He has a robotic hand, so if that malfunctions it would make it harder to use such a large hilt for the lightsaber,"

"Understood," Rex said over his helmet com.

Rex took aim and Savage started running toward him. He fired multiple shots, they were easily deflected into the ground. Rex's heart felt like it was in his throat as he dodged when Savage nearly plowed right through him. Obi-Wan got out of the way too and fired at Savage's back, but Opress kept moving so landing a hit was more difficult than anticipated.

With Obi-Wan lightsaber-less, he and struggled to fight Savage. Rex had tried his hardest to aim for the hands, but he soon gave up that idea and randomly fired shots, hoping we would land one. Obi-Wan leaped with the help of the Force and landed on top of Savage's shoulders. Opress reached and grabbed him by the leg and through him like a rag doll. Obi-Wan landed with a grunt and the air was knocked out of him. Rex's heart rate increased as Savage charged at him like a raging bull. He was cornered against a piece of shrapnel in the ground and he aimed at the head of Savage. He pulled the trigger, but the blaster only clicked. Kriff. He was out of blaster bolts and didn't have any other weapons that would prove fatal to Savage.

He quickly climbed the metal piece just in time as Savage rammed into it, his horns stuck. Rex would've laughed had it been a different situation, but so many people were still at risk. His body acted on its own as he jumped down and got on top of Savage, putting him in a tight head lock, restricting his airways. Savage gasped and gagged as Rex kept the death grip around his neck.

But Savage reached up like he did with Obi-Wan and slammed Rex into the ground behind him. He re-ignited his lightsaber and rose it above his head, ready to kill the captain. He was about to cut into Rex's face when Rex grabbed the handle of the lightsaber, trying to keep it from stabbing through his skull. Rex was shaking because of the brute strength Savage was using as the red blade was inches away from the clone's face, the heat radiated off the blade and made Rex's face tingle. Savage growled as Rex moved the lightsaber out of his face so that the tip was now hovering above his shoulder. The Dathomir pushed down harder and harder. The blade touched the shoulder pad of Rex's armor and it started to melt against his skin. Rex cried out in pain as the lightsaber dug deeper as he was getting weaker.

Once Rex felt as if his arms would collapse, something ran into Savage and knocked him a long ways away. Rex turned his head and saw a decent sized explosion go off. He jumped at the loud sound but was soon distracted by his shoulder. It burned like it was on fire and he smelled the burnt armor and chard flesh.

Obi-Wan appeared out of no where, "Are you okay," he said holding out his hand to help Rex get up.

Rex took his hand and nearly collapsed as he stood up. He clutched his shoulder, "I'll live," he said shakily, "What was that?" He pointed to where the explosion occurred.

"That was the Force and an armed detonator which I grabbed from a dead guy,"

"Is Savage dead?"

"I should think so. Except I chopped Maul in half and he survived, they don't seem to stay dead,"

"Let's hope he is dead and doesn't come back,"

Obi-Wan nodded in agreement and placed a light touch on Rex's wounded shoulder. Rex inhaled through clenched teeth as the Jedi started to Force heal. He did it just enough so Rex was relatively better, and he wasn't exhausted from the hard work.

"Alright, next stop, the palace," Obi-Wan said, "Force, I hope we don't run into any more complications,"
____________________
Later update, I know. I'm trying my best to do daily uploads, not sure how well I'll keep that up tho lol. (Also sorry if it was rushed, I'm not the best at writing action scenes as you can see)