Truth Serum

Ahsoka gained consciousness with a pounding headache. She found herself lying on a cold floor and she could sense Anakin was next to her. She opened her eyes and saw she was in a storage closet with a dim light. Ahsoka slowly sat up and memories of the party flashed in her head. She remembered the dancing with Rex, and using the 'fresher room. She remembered leaving that room and seeing a person walk past her and then him pulling out some sort of shocker stick which stunned her and knocked her out.

Ahsoka put her right hand to her montral and shook away the cobwebs in her head. She looked over and saw Anakin was on his stomach next to her. She gasped, "Master!" Her voice was raspy and hoarse so she cleared her throat. She pulled herself over to him, "Master are you alright?" Ahsoka nudged him, "Wake up!"

Anakin let out a groan and his eyes fluttered open, "I'm up, I'm up,"

Ahsoka helped him roll over and sit up. She watched as he took a look around and his arms suddenly went out like he was trying to steady himself, "Padmé," he looked around once more.

Ahsoka stood up with the help of the wall and went up to the door. She pressed the button on the panel next to it and the door opened with a small hiss. She chuckled bitterly, "They didn't even bother to lock it,"

"Wait, Snips. It could be a trap," Anakin appeared next to her and grabbed his lightsaber. He realized that he still had it and shrugged, "They aren't very thorough are they?"

Ahsoka felt around her tainted dress and found her lightsabers in the secret pockets. She pulled one out, "I suppose they aren't,"

She ignited it and Anakin ignited his and stepped out in front of her. They exited the room and cautiously walked through a stretch of hallway. Ahsoka wanted to go first, but he was stronger and she was still his Padawan. They neared the end of the hall and Anakin gestured for her to stop. He peeked around the corner and she heard him sigh and mutter, "Great,"

"What is it?" She asked.

Anakin turned to face her, "We're still here,"

"Huh?" She walked around him and saw what he was talking about. There was the party room, and there was the refresher room. This kriffing hallway is a nightmare. Ahsoka groaned, "I cant believe it,"

"Let's just see if anyone else is here. We'll find Rex and Padmé while we're at it,"

She nodded and they were still cautious about walking into such an open room, so they stood on high alert. The ball room was empty and a mess. Tables were overturned, decorations were scattered everywhere, and one of the chandeliers fell down. There were also burn marks in the floors and walls. Ahsoka got that sickening feeling that something went terribly wrong, obviously.

Anakin was still creeping around, still unsure if they were truly alone. But he just wanted to find his wife and take her back home. He took a quick look around and didn't sense anything besides Ahsoka, so he turned off his lightsaber and stuck it in a pocket.

"Where did everyone go?" Ahsoka asked.

"I'm not sure,"

"Well how did you get stuck in the closet with me?"

"Well me and Padmé ended up going separate ways sometime after Rex came to us, said he was lookin' for you. Well, he didn't say that exactly, but he did seem like a lost dog and he asked if we had seen you. Anyway, Padmé went to go talk with her senator friends and there's only so much political talk I can take--,"

"Get to the point,"

"Right, point is, I heard a very loud commotion and shouts so I went to see what was happening and that's all I remember. I must've got knocked out or something,"