The Picture

"Rex, I need you to contact all the Captains and Commanders you can get a hold of," Anakin said.

"Yes, sir," Rex said.

It was after a large meeting with everyone about the situation on Kamino. The plan Anakin, Ahsoka, and Rex came up with was approved and everybody needed to know the strategy. First, the Jedi and clones all needed to get together and meet up to discuss everything. Once they knew what to do, they would need all the medics they could get to remove the chips from the other clones.

Rex finished contacting as many clones as he could after what felt like forever. He decided to go to Cody's private office just because he wanted to. He made it to the room and opened the door without knocking. Cody was leaning back in his chair with his feet propped up on the desk with a data pad in his hand. Rex walked in and plopped down on a chair in front of the desk. Cody put his feet down along with the pad and scooched the chair forward, "Need anything?" He asked.

"No. I'm just trying to keep my cool before we infiltrate our home."

"Yeah, I know how you feel."

"I figured you did."

"There's something else, isn't there," Cody said without question. He knew his brother well, sometimes too well.

Rex sighed and stood up. He walked to one side of the room and looked at the medals and some memos Cody kept on his wall, "Do you ever question our existence? I mean, the clone production started before the Clone War happened. Did a Jedi have a vision or something? And why clones? Why not have a droid army like the Separatists? I just.... why do I feel bad every time a clones dies, it's bound to happened to us. Whole regiments are going die at one point. And after the war, we're clones, not citizens, so I doubt we'd blend in with everyone."

Cody opened his mouth to speak but realized he didn't have any answers, ".... I don't know. But our brothers need us to be strong and good leaders, they put their lives in our hands. It's a lot of pressure, and I know you feel it more than others. That's probably why you keep thinking about these things, but, as hard as it is, you've got to stop questioning them. We're here for a reason, it doesn't matter if it's unknown, a ton of things are unknown. One thing we do know, is that this war will end and soon, everything stood go back to the way it was."

Rex turned around and walked back over to the chair and sat down, "When Annalex- er the baby-"

Cody chuckled, "Did Ahsoka name her?"

"Heh, yeah. She hasn't told Anakin yet, don't think she will for a while knowing her. But when I thought back to her being an orphan, it made me think-"

Cody cut him off, "Okay I'm going to stop you right there. No more thinking. You get lost in a world of questions and I don't think it's good for your mental health. When I was upset one time, you once told me that when life is not so good, to remember that it won't last forever and that better days are on the way. So maybe you need to just take breather, relax, calm down, and you'll be able to assess things better, and get into a better mind. Don't let these things get to your head, even if that means stopping what your doing, and working on something else."

Rex let a out a short breath through his nose, "Why is it that I'm alway the one having a breakdown?"

"I'm better at hiding mine," Cody said with a smirk.

Rex smiled back and rolled his eyes, "Of course you are. Hey um could I borrow your data pad, I need to make sure I submitted my report."

"Oh, yeah sure."

Cody handed Rex the pad and Rex put in his account. He quickly went to some images and nearly snorted when he saw a picture of Cody. He was making duck lips and making the shape of a heart with his index fingers and thumbs. Where the kriff did that come from? Rex had a fantastic idea. "Hey, could I send this to General Kenobi?"

"Send what to him?"

Rex smiled as he turned the pad to show his brother. Cody's cheeks turned red as a tomato. "Where did you get that?!"

"I don't know I just found it," Rex struggled to keep in his laughter.

"Give it to me!" Cody leaned forward with his hand outstretched.

"No," Rex deadpanned as he pulled up Kenobi's contact.

He yelped as Cody lunged from his chair and leapt over his desk and tackled Rex, making the chair he was sitting in fall over backwards. They hit the ground and he rolled, trying to get away from Cody. Rex was laying on his stomach and was trying to press send when Cody attempted to snatch the pad but Rex rolled to his back, sat up and leapt to his feet. He backed up against the wall and ran to the other side whenever Cody would get close.

"Give it back!" Cody tried to act mad but he was failing.

Rex gave him a sly smile, "You'll have to catch me first."

Cody ran at him but Rex sprinted away and jumped onto the desk, showing his brother the pad as he was about to press the send button.

"Gev!" Cody said with his hand out.

"Nu draar."

Cody quickly took a step forward as if he was going to run forward and Rex hopped off the desk, thinking that was what he was going to do. Oh skrag, he thought. He couldn't believe he fell for it. Rex figured he need to leave the room if he wanted to embarrass Cody. He tried to maneuver his way to the door but Cody pulled him down. Rex fell with a grunt onto his back and Cody fell on top of him. He held his hand out above his hand with the pad and Cody scrabbled to get it but Rex wrapped his legs around his waist and kept him there. The door suddenly opened and Anakin appeared with a very confused look on his face, but the clones just ignored him and continued with their shenanigans.

"Gimme," Cody said like a kid.

"Nuh-uh."

Anakin was baffled at what was happening, "Uh, what's going on?"

"What do you need, sir?" Rex said, not taking his eyes off the commander.

"Well I heard a big commotion and decided to see what it was all about."

Rex grunted as he tried to push Cody off with his free hand, but his brother wouldn't budge. Cody looked him in the eye, and Rex looked back. They had a staring match for a few seconds and they went limp and busted into laughter. Anakin was so confused, "Uhhh what am I missing?"

Cody got off Rex and helped his vod to his feet, then erased his smile, "Delete it."

Rex wiped the smile off his face too and didn't respond for a few seconds, ".... Oops, I pressed send."

Cody's face turned into a mix of fear and embarrassment, "No!" He snatched the pad out of his hand and raised an eyebrow as he saw Rex had a hand over his mouth and was nearly suffocating as he was trying to keep in the laughs. Cody melted with relief when he saw he was only joking and didn't press send. "Oh you're a horrible person."

"You should've seen your face!" Rex laughed.

Anakin smiled and shook his head as he walked out of the room, at least these two were having a good time before all hell would break loose soon.

———————

Kind of a filler chapter but oh well.