{ 10 }

── ──

It was a fine morning at the Burrow. Y/n stood up and put on her robe, slowly and quietly making her way downstairs. Everyone else seemed to still be asleep. They'd be awaking soon and so she decided to prepare herself a cup of tea. She put a pot of water over an open fire and sat down in front of it.

She sighed, thinking to herself. Harry had never came to visit nor did he respond to any of her letters. Yesterday was his birthday and she planned on dropping by later on to surprise him with some pumpkin pasties made from Molly's recipe. Who cares if her aunt and uncle would hate it.

She took the pot off the fire, serving the hot water into a cup and dipped a tea bag into the cup. As she brought the cup to her lips, she heard the clicking noise of the door and turned to face none other than; Fred, George, Ron, and... Harry?! They all stared at each other but before anyone could say anything, Molly already made her way down the stairs.

This made everyone pause, even Y/n who had no idea what was going on. "Where HAVE you BEEN?!" Molly shrieked at the boys, as she looked to Y/n with a serious stare, Y/n shrugged her shoulders and shook her head, continuing to sip her tea. "I'm not involved."

Molly then brought her attention to Harry, her serious turning into a warm, loving look. "Harry, how wonderful to see you dear." She told him, walking closer to them. "Beds empty! No note! Car gone!" She screamed again. Y/n stood next to Molly, nodding at her every words, a smirk on her face as looked to the boys, specially Fred who noticed how she was enjoying them being scolded.

"You could've died! You could've been seen!" Molly scolded them. Y/n nodded sternly, humming in agreement. "Of course I don't blame you, Harry, dear." Y/n snickered softly, sipping her tea.

"They were starving him, mum. There were bars on his window!" Ron explained, Harry, Fred, and George all nodded. To this Y/n furrowed her brows. "You best hope I don't put bars on your window, Ronald Weasley." Molly threatened him.

Y/n sipped her tea and walked up to Harry, hugging him. "Happy-late-birthday Harry!" She kissed the top of his head, Fred and George made 'eww' noises at the shown sibling affection. They would never. She rolled her eyes, inching closer to them. "Don't worry, boys—" she stood on her tippy toes, kissing both their cheeks. "No need to be jealous." She told them, smirking as she walked off to the table, helping set it up.

When she looked back to the twins, she saw George continuously nudging Fred and seemed to be teasing him. Y/n smiled at the sight of them, longingly staring at Fred before her attention was pulled away when she noticed he looked towards her.

── ──

The family all were sat, eating breakfast. Ginny ran down the stairs, crying out about her jumper. When she saw Harry, she froze and immediately ran back upstairs.

Fred, George, and Y/n all glanced at each other, knowingly smirking to each other.

"What did I do?" Harry questioned if he had said something wrong. "Ginny, she's been talking about you all summer. Bit annoying, really." Ron explained.

"I wonder why~" y/n sang.

"Morning Weasleys!" Arthur exclaimed as he walked into the home. "Morning!" They all collectively chanted.

When Arthur sat down, he stared at Harry. "And who are you?" He asked. "Oh sorry, sir. I'm Harry, sir. Harry Potter." Harry said. "Good lord, are you really? Well, Ron's told us all about you of course. When did he get here?" He asked. "This morning." Molly said, arm to hip. "Your sons flew that enchanted car of yours." She explained. "Did they really? How did it go?" Before the boys could explain, Molly smacked Arthur's arm. "I mean, that was very wrong indeed boys, very wrong indeed."