{ 13 }

── ──

Saturday morning.

Y/n laid in her bed, thinking of the upcoming quidditch match against Slytherin. She was nervous. What would Wood say if they lost? They were no match for Slytherin seeing as they had the fastest brooms.

Y/n stood up, and got ready for the day. She made her way out her dorm and met up with Fred and George, as usual. "Ready for today's match!" Fred cheered, trying to bring her mood up. "We're going to crush those Slytherins!" George exclaimed. Y/n laughed, the three made their way to the Great Hall.

They sat down with the rest of the Gryffindor team and once the clock peered near 11, everyone made their way to the stadium. The team made their way to the changing rooms.

Wood began his pregame pep talk. "Slytherin has better brooms than us, there's no denying it. But we've got better people on our brooms. We've trained harder than they have. We've been flying in all weathers."

"Too true, I haven't been properly dry since August." muttered George.

"And we're going to make them rue the day they let a little bit of slime—Malfoy—buy his way onto their team. It'll be down to you Harry, to show them that a seeker has to have something more than a rich father. Get to that snitch before Malfoy or die trying, Harry. Because we've got to win today, we've got to."

"No pressure, Harry." Said Fred, winking to him. Y/n patted Harry's shoulder. "Good luck." She muttered to him.

── ──

A roar of cheers greeted them as they flew onto the pitch. Flint and Wood shook hands.

"On my whistle. 3. 2. 1." Hootch counted down, they all kicked off on their brooms.

The game then began.

Y/n saw as a bludger nearly knocked Harry off his broom, George hit the bludger towards the direction of Adrian Pucey, the bludger changed direction and shot straight for Harry again.

Harry dropped down and George managed to hit it towards Malfoy. The bludger swerved and made its way towards Harry again. Harry flew but the bludger kept following after him.

Meanwhile, Y/n was passed the quaffle and she immediately flew over to a hoop. A bludger soon knocked the quaffle out of her hand, and she huffed flying off as Slytherin scored.

Harry ducked as Fred swung at the bludger with all his might. The bludger was knocked off course. "That's done it!" Fred yelled, winking to Y/n who he knew was worried. "No need to fret." He told her. She exhaled softly but he was soon proven wrong.

The bludger once again followed after Harry. It started to rain as well. Slytherin was now leading 60 points and Gryffindor 0.

Fred and George followed after Harry. "Someone's tampered with this bludger!" Fred grunted. "We need timeout!" George exclaimed.

Y/n flew over to Wood. "Call timeout! That bludger is trying to kill Harry!" Wood nodded and Hootch's whistle rang out.

The Gryffindors huddled. "What's going on? We're being flattened! Fred, George, where were you when the bludger stopped Y/n from scoring?!" Wood pressed them.

"We were 20 feet above her, stopping the other bludger from murdering Harry, Oliver." Said George, angrily. "It's been jinxed. It won't leave Harry alone." Y/n exclaimed.

Hootch was walking towards them, the Slytherin team jeering.

"Listen, let me deal with the rogue bludger, you two go back to the rest of the team." Harry told them. "Harry, that's mad." Y/n told him. "It'll take your head off." Fred spoke up. Wood looked between them. "Oliver, this is mad." Alicia spoke angrily. "You can't let Harry deal with that thing alone. We can ask for an inquiry." She told him. "If we stop now, we'll have to forfeit the match." said Harry. "And if we don't, you'll be killed!" Y/n pressed further, staring down at Harry, angrily.

"We're not losing to Slytherin just because of a mad bludger! C'mon, Oliver, tell them to leave me alone!" Harry told Wood. "This is all your fault!" George said angrily to Wood. "Get the snitch or die trying, what a stupid thing to tell him!"

"Wood, there are other games, but we are not putting Harry in danger!" Y/n yelled at him. Wood could only stare at her as he thought about what he should do. "Wood! Do you hear me?!" She pressed him but he didn't respond.

"Ready to resume play?" Hootch asked Wood. Oliver looked to Harry. "Alright. Fred, George, you heard Harry. Leave him alone and let him deal with the bludger on his own." Wood said.

"Unbelievable!" Y/n shouted angrily, the rain was now falling more heavily. Hootch's whistle rang through the air and Y/n kicked off. "If anything happens to him, I'm blaming you." She narrowed her eyes at Wood as she flew into the pitch.

The game continued as it should. Y/n took hold of the quaffle, fueled by sheer anger.

The game then ended when Harry caught the snitch but he soon fainted.

They all flew down to the unconscious Harry. "Is he dead?" Fred asked. The professors made their way over. Lockheart was going to fix his arm and Harry soon awoke.

Oliver kept praising Harry for catching the snitch but Y/n wasn't impressed. She was happy they won but still mad at her stubborn brother and stubborn captain.

Lockheart performed a spell but the outcome was not what they expected. "Yes, that can sometimes happen." Lockheart spoke.

"His bones are gone, you poor excuse of a professor! How are you even in Ravenclaw?!" Y/n exclaimed, still fueled by anger.

Harry was escorted to the hospital wing by Hermione and Ron.

Y/n was escorted to the common room by Fred and George.

── ──

"He wanted to play! You heard him!" Oliver Wood could be heard yelling.

"You are the team captain! You can decide if he could play or not!" Y/n yelled back.

"We won!" Oliver exclaimed. "AT THE COST OF HARRY BREAKING HIS ARM!" She yelled back, every other Gryffindor in the common room stared at the two arguing.

No one dared to cut in. "What's going on here?! What's all this yelling?" Percy walked towards them. Y/n faced Percy. "Stay out of this, Percy!" She yelled at him. "I will not, I am a prefect, and I will not have you disrupting everyone with your outrageous yelling." Percy warned her.

"Outrageous? My brother is in the damn hospital wing because this git couldn't stand to lose!" She exclaimed in anger. "I have every right to be outrageous!"

Lee nudged his friend, Fred and motioned for him to make his way towards her. Fred slowly stood up and walked over to her. "Y/n, how about we go see Harry? We all got him sweets." He looked down at her, smiling at her.

She looked up at him, trying to keep a stern face. But that damn smile. She sighed softly, nodding. "Alright... alright, fine." Fred put his arm around Y/n, the two walked out the common as the rest of the team followed.

Y/n laid her head onto Fred, sighing softly. "Sorry for my outburst..." she mumbled. "Don't worry. Mum's usually worse. Maybe you get it from her!" He told her, causing the two of them to burst out in laughter.

── ──

The team was soon kicked out by Madam Pomfrey the moment they went in. She said Harry needed rest not sweets.

Y/n grumbled angrily, kicking a tiny rock.

"I know what you need!" Fred exclaimed, grabbing her hand and leading her to the quidditch field.

"Why would I want to be in the place my brother was injured?" She questioned but he pulled her along anyways and they laid down onto the grass.

They stared up at the sky.

"This is like...our place." Fred told her. "Our special place." He continued. She looked at him. She couldn't fight the smile that began to form. "Our special place..." she chuckled softly. "Alright... this is our special place."