{ 30 }

── ──

It was the day before the match.
The weather had worsened.

The winds were howling and the rain fell harder than ever. Extra lanterns and torches were lit to brighten up the corridors and classrooms that were darker than ever.

Y/n made her way into the DADA classroom, and sat down next to Alicia. "Where's Professor Lupin?" She whispered.

The doors then opened and in strolled Professor Snape. The group of Gryffindors looked confused whereas the Slytherins seemed smug.

"Pipe down." Snape told them. "Professor Lupin is out... sick." He treaded his words as usual. "He is... unfit to teach the class. I will be filling in."

'Bet you like that.' Y/n thought to herself, Snape's eyes then turned to look at her, his eyes narrowing into hers.

Y/n raised a brow in confusion, staring back at him. Snape glared before looking back at the whole class.

"You will be... preparing for.. your.. OWLS by reading over... your whole book for the class period."

The class groaned in response. Lupin had been preparing them, yes. But he made it fun. And he certainly didn't make them read the WHOLE book.

"And for homework, I will be assigning a five page essay on the book, no more and no less."

"But sir, we have Quidditch tomorrow." Y/n spoke up,

"Then I suggest you get it done, quickly. And that'll 10 points off of Gryffindor for speaking out. of. term."

Y/n huffed, narrowing her eyes at Snape. Her knuckles turned white as she gripped her quill, distain written all over her face.

Alicia nudged her gently, and they exchanged glances. Alicia's eyes were gentle as she looked to Y/n with a concerned look in her eyes. Y/n sighed softly, smiling slightly at her. Alicia smiled gently in response.

No words were exchanged, but their eyes spoke a different story.

── ──

In the common room, Y/n was writing her essay for Defense Against the Dark Arts. Her hand was cramping, her neck felt stiff and her eyes were nearly closing.

She felt a pair of arms wrap around behind her. The scent of cinnamon, butterscotch toffee, and spiced cider hitting her nose as she felt a pair of soft lips kiss her neck.

A smile made its way onto her lips, as she leaned her head back into the pair of arms.

"Are you heading down to the feast?" Fred asked, his hands roamed upwards from her waist to her shoulders. He began to gently massage them.

She let out a sigh of comfort, shaking her head gently. "No... I have to finish this essay." She began to flex her cramped hand.

The fireplace crackled and lit their dim faces.

"Just bribe a Ravenclaw student to do it. That's what I did." He told her. "I'm sure Professor Snape will realize that it's not you who wrote it when that student uses big words that you don't know the meaning of." She looked up at him, smiling up at him.

"Ah! Fred!" She exclaimed, Fred had accidentally pressed to hard on her neck. He began to laugh, rubbing the spot. "Sorry..." he said, laughing once again.

She waved him off, picking up the quill again and dipping it in ink. "Off you go, I have to finish this essay and you are distracting me."

"Alright, alright. Make sure to get some rest, our game is tomorrow." He kissed her cheek and walked out of the common room.

"I know, I know..." she mumbled, continuing to write her essay. She had three full pages done and only needed two more.

She hoped she could get it done on time, she was feeling hungry.

── ──

Y/n managed to finish her essay right before the feast would end. She quickly ran to the Great Hall and ran to Fred's side, sitting down.

"Someone's hungry." He joked. "I've got a plate served for ya." He told her and placed a plate in front of her. "Figured you'd come."

She grinned and hugged him, kissing his cheek. "You're the best! Man, I'm starving." She began to eat.

"Make sure to eat plenty, you'll want to be energized for tomorrow's game." Alicia told her from across the table and handed her a goblet of pumpkin juice. "Here."

"Thanks." Y/n said once she had swallowed the last bit of food in her mouth.

"Snape's such a prat." She heard Ron complain. Hermione looked down, her face saddened. Y/n slid over to them, pushing Harry when she slid. "What's going on?"

"Snape called her an insufferable know it all in front of the whole class. He completely humiliated her then he gave Ron detention for sticking up for her!" Parvati Partil had spoken up, clearly outraged by the event.

"That asshole." Y/n clicked her tongue. "Just ignore him, keep in mind that you can't satisfy him no matter what you do, so don't overthink it, dear." Y/n smiled to Hermione.

She looked at Harry, the two stared at each other. "Give me your glasses." She told him.

"W-What?" He stuttered, confusion all over his face. "Did i stutter? Give me them." She said, holding her hand out.

"Okay, okay!" He took them off, handing her his glasses. She took her wand out and incanted, "impervius".

Nothing happened to the glasses and she handed them back. "For tomorrow's game. It'll repel the rain, allowing you to see clearer." She explained to him. "Thanks..." he muttered, putting his glasses back on.

"Whatever. I'm still mad at you."

"Well, you didn't exactly tell me when you left, and I didn't tell you that a murderer is after me, so I guess we're even." He sassed.

"Smartass." She muttered, ruffled his hair and slid back to her plate.

"You two good, now?" Alicia asked. "Yeah, I guess..." Y/n shrugged and began to eat again.

The feast then ended and they all headed to bed. Y/n waved to Fred as she made her way to her dorm.

She jumped onto her bed, yawning and she closed her eyes, dreaming of a win against Hufflepuff and winning the House Cup.