{ 23 }

── ──

The two siblings were streets away from Privet Drive until finally one collapsed. Harry leaned against a wall, tired from clutching his trunk and Hedwig's cage. Y/n looked back at him as he was panting and she leaned next to him.

"Alright, we'll rest for a bit..." she told him. "What's this Night Bus, you mentioned?" He asked her. "It's the bus that brought me here and it's the bus that took me to the Burrow."

Harry nodded. "And how do you get it?" She shrugged. "It honestly just appears when I really need it...i don't know how it works..."

They looked down the dark streets. "I'm surprised the Ministry isn't swooping down here already." She told him. He nodded in agreement. "I'm almost sure I'm certainly expelled from Hogwarts." He told her.

As they stood for quite a while, Harry started to feel as if he was being watched. But the street they were on seemed deserted. He could sense that someone was definitely watching him from the narrow gap in between the garage and fence behind him.

Y/n noticed his shift in demeanor and rose an eyebrow. "What is it?" She asked. "Someone's watching." He said and they both clutched their wands. "Lumos." He muttered and rose his wand over his head as it brightened up the area they were in.

Y/n tilted her head and they could that something very big was headed their way. Y/n reacted quickly and gripped onto Harry's shirt, pulling him aside.

Lights shined where the two were just standing. The lights belonged to a triple decker, violet purple bus.

"The Knight Bus!" Y/n grinned as she made her way to the door. The doors opened as the conductor stepped out. "Hey, I know you!" His loud voice bellowed. "Yeah, yeah! I rode the bus a few days ago." She told him. He nodded. "Well, where to now, miss? And who are you?" He looked to Harry. "Neville Longbottom." Harry said the first name to pop into his head. "And you?" He asked her. "Ginny Weasley." She said.

"So this bus, it goes anywhere?" Harry asked. "Yup! Anywhere you'd like!" Stan spoke proudly.

── ──

The two had paid and were on their way to London. Y/n laid in her bed, preparing for the speed of the Knight Bus.

She began to read her book. She had come to realize how close she was to finishing it. She sighed and put it away in her trunk. Y/n decided to close her eyes, she was used to being able to sleep as chaos was going on.

"Uncle!" A child's voice squealed as she ran into the arms of a man. "How's my goddaughter?" The girl hugged his legs and she raised her arms. He picked her up and placed her on his shoulders. She giggled, pointing forward. "Go Moony, go!" He laughed, walking around the house as he carried her.

Y/n opened her eyes, sitting up. "Are you alright?" Harry asked her. "Yeah, I'm fine." She muttered, rubbing her temples.

She looked out the window and only tuned back in when she heard Harry exclaim, "that man! He was on the muggle news!" She turned to look. Stan chuckled. "Sirius Black! Of course he was on the muggle news, Neville, where you been?"

Y/n stared at the photo, the man struck a familiar sensation in the girl but she ignored it. "Says here he murdered 13 people with a single curse..." she muttered, the sentence sending shivers down her spine.

"He was a big supporter of You-Know-Who."
"What, Voldemort?" Harry said without thinking. Y/n smacked his arm, narrowing her eyes.

"Are you out of your tree?!" Stan exclaimed. "What'd you say his name for?"